Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Attractant

as long as it remains legal and you don't do it in your immediate hunting area, a salt block always works, or you can make up your own mixture of say, granulated salt, trace mineral salt and di-calcium phosphate and chop it into the dirt. If you want something that wont remain in the dirt for a long time, then try maybe molasses or a pile of corn

cleaned whole kernel corn.I have not had as good luck with cracked corn.But i only put out my cameras for a short time.It could get expensive.I dont use minerals because some of my hunting spots are small and if you put mineral in the ground, legaly in iowa you cant hunt close to it.My dnr officer said that if there is a trail going from where i was hunting to the mineral then it was considered baiting.

I know a lot of guys on here like mineral and salt blocks, but I stay 100% away from them as most of the properties i hunt are too small to legally hunt after I would have a mineral site. If you do use mineral or salt, and want to hunt the area, you have to "replace the dirt"... I'm not up for that kind of work and have found corn to be just as, if not more effective.

if you go to your local elevator and tell them you want to clean up their spillage, they will most likely let you have what you scoop up for your efforts....

I'm cheap :D

cleaned whole kernel corn.I have not had as good luck with cracked corn.But i only put out my cameras for a short time.It could get expensive.I dont use minerals because some of my hunting spots are small and if you put mineral in the ground, legaly in iowa you cant hunt close to it.My dnr officer said that if there is a trail going from where i was hunting to the mineral then it was considered baiting.

I second that!

Top Bottom