Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Atv disc

eiowaarcher

I just bought a Arctic Cat 650 V Twin and I'm curious on what I should get for a disc to do some of the smaller plots (1/2acre) and also the hard to get to plots. Trying to to keep costs as low as possible if I could. Size? Brand? Where to start looking? Also seeders and sprayers if you have any experiences. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

All kinds of discs out there to do the job. If you are doing small plots and also need to get back into the woods a ways this has been the best option for me. Its a king cutter and is narrower than most so it makes weaving through wooded areas a bit easier. Easy to use and works great for me.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311181_200311181?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Grounds%20Maintenance-_-Tillers-_-256001&ci_sku=256001&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=COy746TN6LQCFYpFMgodOHoAVg

Moultrie makes a good seeder for a decent price but if you are only doing 1/2 acre or so, probably best to get you a hand spreader. Cheaper and works just as good IMO.

boonerz said:
All kinds of discs out there to do the job. If you are doing small plots and also need to get back into the woods a ways this has been the best option for me. Its a king cutter and is narrower than most so it makes weaving through wooded areas a bit easier. Easy to use and works great for me.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311181_200311181?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Grounds%20Maintenance-_-Tillers-_-256001&ci_sku=256001&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=COy746TN6LQCFYpFMgodOHoAVg

Moultrie makes a good seeder for a decent price but if you are only doing 1/2 acre or so, probably best to get you a hand spreader. Cheaper and works just as good IMO.

Would I be better off with regular round discs or discs with the notches in them? Ill be discing untouched ground along with regularly tilled ground.

Would I be better off with regular round discs or discs with the notches in them? Ill be discing untouched ground along with regularly tilled ground.

It really won't make a huge difference. The notched discs seem to tear up the ground a little easier but the round ones will do about as good. The key is to getting enough weight on top of the disc to help it dig in. Cinder blocks or big rocks or whatever you can find to add about 100 lbs or more to the disc seems to make it work the best.

It really won't make a huge difference. The notched discs seem to tear up the ground a little easier but the round ones will do about as good. The key is to getting enough weight on top of the disc to help it dig in. Cinder blocks or big rocks or whatever you can find to add about 100 lbs or more to the disc seems to make it work the best.

I agree with the weight idea. Also, if you are breaking up fallow ground I don't care what ATV disc you choose, that is a tough task. Do yourself a major favor and if you can, mow it first, kill it with roundup and then disc it. It is a night and day difference if you are breaking ground that has had most of the chaff removed, by mowing or fire, and then the root systems killed by chemical.

Top Bottom