Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ATV Planter?

Critter

Life Member
Has anyone ever seen a pull behind single or two row corn/bean planter that can be used behind an ATV? I'm not talking about commercially made item, but rather a single or two section fabrication made from an older tractor pulled planter. Would it be possible to find an old planter not in working condition anymore and make something that could be attached to the back of an ATV to plant a single or double row of corn?

JD made a ground driven 2 row planter. I know several people that have them and use them for corn plots, pull them with ATVs. I have no idea what model they are. Start watching groves and junk machinery piles in farmers yards.

Ok, so I made a phone call to a friend that hadone. The 2Row JD planters were the 290. The one I remeber using was older than the pictures that I found becuase these all have rubber tires, the one I used was just steel wheels. But it was a JD290 and it didnt have fertilizer bins on it.
i119.jpg

I know where there is 2 of the older versions sitting in peoples yards as decoration. Anyways Polaris 500 had no issues pulling it.

I saw this as well.......contacted him actually. He was asking 250 for each one which I thought was a little steep. By the time I fabricated a mount for the ATV I'd end up having about 600 in it.

Ok, so I made a phone call to a friend that hadone. The 2Row JD planters were the 290. The one I remeber using was older than the pictures that I found becuase these all have rubber tires, the one I used was just steel wheels. But it was a JD290 and it didnt have fertilizer bins on it.
i119.jpg

I know where there is 2 of the older versions sitting in peoples yards as decoration. Anyways Polaris 500 had no issues pulling it.

If you pick up a 290 it's almost the same as a jd 247 only the 247 is the 3 point version. Might come in handy when looking for fertilizer cannisters.

I did see that the other day. I ended up buying a 4 row IH 56 a month or so ago to use behind my tractor...........hopefully it works well. The ad you posted looked like a really fair price though, wish it would have came up earlier. :way:

Top Bottom