Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ATV ramps or trailer?

Ried#3

Looking at getting either some ramps or a small trailer for my atv and riding mower. I know the trailer would work best but it also costs a lot more and takes up more space being that I live in town. People that just have the nice ramps, are you happy with them?

It can be tricky loading a quad in the back of a truck at times! Had a buddy that tried loading a quad and the ramp shifted and he rolled the quad on top himself hurting his leg! A lawnmower would be even harder I'd imagine! Plus you have will not have much room in the pickup box once quad is back there! U can pick up a nice used utility trailer for 600 bucks or so off craigslist just have to keep an eye out! Id go with trailer..Just my opinion!

I'd go trailer. Get one you can pick the tongue up on and maneuver by hand. I've done this, I also live in town, and have a smaller driveway with limited parking on a cul-de-sac so I move the trailer by hand and park it in my back yard when I'm using it.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I have ramps for my pickup and a trailer. I only use the trailer since I've gotten it. When I need the ATV it means I probably need to haul other stuff and like someone already said, there is no more room after ATV is in the bed. And I can leave the ATV tied down to the trailer when I know I'll be using it again shortly...unlike the truck where I have to unload it every time I get home. And ill admit that I don't like riding up the ramps onto the pickup...

I use my utility trailer ALOT. Previous poster hit on it, get one you can move manually.

Thanks for the response. I have a feeling I know the correct answer but trying to talk myself into the ramps. Reason being price and space saved. What I usually end up doing is going cheap and then spending the money on the correct thing months later.

Thanks for the response. I have a feeling I know the correct answer but trying to talk myself into the ramps. Reason being price and space saved. What I usually end up doing is going cheap and then spending the money on the correct thing months later.

I have ramps for my old little 2 wheel drive Suzuki and it works just fine . Once you get over the fear of the Ramps it's a walk in the park for me- momentum is your friend. That said if I had to do a lawn mower I'd be finding a ditch or steep driveway to lessen the angle of the ramps .

If you get ramps just make sure they have hooks or a cable to hook onto the tailgate some how, thats what saves the ramps from sliding out from underneath you. Also i thought they had ramps that were longer and curved so you could use them for a lawnmower.

I have both and usually use the trailer.

Go with a trailer. I've done both and you will want a trailer in the long run. Like others have said...an ATV takes up all of your bed space. A lawn mower would be a pain and probably dangerous to load in a truck bed.

Top Bottom