Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ATV Row Planter

I have a good relationship with a business out of Wisconsin that is coming out with an ATV pull behind 2 row planter. The mechanics are the old yetter 71's. Taking price out of the equation for now, my questions is what kind of interest would you guys have for a product like this?

I'd like to have one for corn, but I'm guessing price would prevent me from doing it. Too easy to have the neighbor just come over and do it with the big equip. Would be nice to be self sufficent though.

[ QUOTE ]
I would be very interested but like other have said, price is the main concern!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

The initial price tag looks to be $2799, 2 row ATV unit, assembled and delivered. The 4 row 3pt model is looking like $3799. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. If there is a market, I'll get them in Iowa and your opionions mean a lot.

I'm sure you would find a market for them, personally I think that price is to high. I see similar items all of the time used for much cheaper, maybe not as nice but reasonable. If your product was 300-500 higher in price than these used units I would go for your new product anyday. But that much difference I would go used.

You can do alot with 3-4 K I would not want to tie up that much in a planter.

Just my $.02

Example: 2 row planter

[ QUOTE ]
The initial price tag looks to be $2799, 2 row ATV unit, assembled and delivered. The 4 row 3pt model is looking like $3799. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. If there is a market, I'll get them in Iowa and your opionions mean a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

YIKES!!!! I know the price of metal is high but damn!
grin.gif

I think the price would keep me away - that and with RU corn & beans I just broadcast with the ATV and then spray with the tractor...I've gotten so used to that I decided I don't even need a four row planter for the tractor...

[ QUOTE ]
I think the price would keep me away - that and with RU corn & beans I just broadcast with the ATV and then spray with the tractor...I've gotten so used to that I decided I don't even need a four row planter for the tractor...

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that work out for you? Does the corn get a decent ear on it? Just wondering, thought about trying it, but it the corn is all stalk, I wouldn't like that.

Yeah, price is way to high for me!!

Whacknstack linked one planter from ebay and there is another guy from north dakota that rebuilds them to sell on ebay all the time also. They are completly rebuilt and sell for alot less than $3000. You have to have a tractor but you could buy a n series ford tractor and a two row flex planter for just over $3000!

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does that work out for you? Does the corn get a decent ear on it? Just wondering, thought about trying it, but it the corn is all stalk, I wouldn't like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It works really well - have been doing it about 5-6 years. The first year I seeded the corn too heavy and it did hurt the yield but now that I have it figured out it produces good corn. Last year a "real" farmer friend of mine estimated my plot would go about 125 - 150 bushel/acre - the corn lasted until early March. Beans have never been a problem with seeding this way - I think they are more forgiving though!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

It works really well - have been doing it about 5-6 years. The first year I seeded the corn too heavy and it did hurt the yield but now that I have it figured out it produces good corn. Last year a "real" farmer friend of mine estimated my plot would go about 125 - 150 bushel/acre - the corn lasted until early March. Beans have never been a problem with seeding this way - I think they are more forgiving though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, we have been broadcasting beans for quite a few years now, and thought we would try some corn. Sounds like you are getting a good ear on the corn.

Hey guys thanks for the input. It's pretty much what I expected and is why I did not bring them into IA last year. It sounds like the right product is out there at the right price, so I'll continue to work on it and try get it here for the Deer Classic in March 08.

Top Bottom