Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Atv ?

fatboy

This weekend I won a new Yamaha streetbike at halftime during the Barnstomers game from a local radio station.
Me being a long time harley rider and selling my last one due to no time to ride because of kids activities I was thinking of seeing if the dealer may trade for a atv.
They carry Yamaha and Can-Am, but I have no idea on what models to look at? Any comments would be great. I may just take the bike and sell it and use the money on something else.

I just got a Polaris X2 a couple months ago. It has a dump box and another seat that pops up so you can ride 2-up. It works great for the food plots and hauling plenty of other stuff. I looked at the Can-Ams too. Good machines, just more pricey without the features I wanted.

I've been on all kinds of the Can-Ams (formerly Bombardier if I'm not mistaken). Can't go wrong imo. What would you want to use it for?

Do you have any use for an ATV?

If so, I have rode all kinds of ATVs, if your dealer has yamahas and can-ams than that is what I would stick with.

The Can-Am 800 is a MONSTER on wheels; I suggest NOT getting it. Reason being you need to be a serious rider for some serious intentions for this thing. It has more speed, power, torque than you can shake a stick at. Its not uncommon to put it straight up and down from a dead stop on tar, yea that kinda power.

The Can-Am 650 is a Half-monster on wheels. This is more suited for less agressive riding but still has a whole bunch of power and torque, for when you wanna be a hotrod.

The yamaha line has 400 up to the 700s. Look at the Grizzly models.

Test ride them and see what you like.

Input

I don't have any experience with Can-Am's, but I did get a Yamaha Grizzly 2 years ago that I have been very happy with. It is a 350 and can shift in and out of 4wd, which I would consider a MUST, especially if you are going to move snow with it. So put me down as a Grizzly fan.

Thanks for the response guys. I decided to take the bike last nite and will put it up for sale now. I will ride it back and forth to work and if it does not sell I may trade for a 4-wheeler this fall.
I would only use a 4-wheeler to hang stands and drag out deer, so most of the time it would just sit.
Thanks again, and anyone interested in a 09 Yamaha V-Star Custom shoot me a PM.:)

Top Bottom