Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Austria....

kansasbowhunter

Shed Head!!!
2+ months ago I started working for a new company that is based in Kaprun Austria. We are opening a new manufacturing facility in Kansas and I have had to spend the better part of the last 2+ months in Austria. My first trip was for 3 weeks and I brought home 3 small Roe Buck Antlers and a real small Red Stag antler.

This Trip I am here for 3 1/2 weeks found out that the machinist for our company was a hunter and antler enthusiast like myself..... He invited me to his house for drinks and dinner the other night and I wanted to share some of his handy work with everyone....

These are Eidelweis flowers that he has carved out of sections of Red Stag antlers.... Very detailed artist....

IMG_0367.jpg

He was generous and gave me one of these really cool flowers

He also gave me this button that has an Eidelweis flower cut out of the center. It is a section of the base of a big Red Stag Antler....

IMG_0387.jpg

He also gave me a bottle opener with a long Red Stag tine..... This is not the one that he gave me but I wanted to show this one because of the shell casing he enlayed in it....

IMG_0385.jpg

Here is another bottle opener he made with the casing of a rifle shell as the piece that opens the bottle cap....

IMG_0386.jpg

Here are dresser pulls he made out of Roe Buck antlers....

IMG_0395.jpg

Here is some type of water feature he made out of Red Stag Antlers.... He made little buckets out of the bases of Red Stag Antlers....

IMG_0379.jpg

Here is a close up of one of the little water buckets....

IMG_0377.jpg

Here are some of the big Red Stag sheds he had in his back yard... He gave me 4 of these and now I need to figure out how the hell I am going to get them back to the states.....

IMG_0371.jpg

Here is a Roe Buck he shot that had a 3rd antler.....

IMG_0390.jpg

He lives in a valley in the Alps..... Here is a view from his deck....

IMG_0399.jpg

Mark.....

Last edited:
Very cool. Not only is he talented but he has a good vision of what he wants his piece to look like.

Oh yeh, and he has an awesome view from his home......:drink1:

When traveling abroad, a person misses a lot of the culture if you don't meet the locals. Glad you were able to interact with this guy. I was in Gratz a couple of years ago on business, would have liked to see more of the area. Enjoy!

Very cool pieces Mark! Thats awesome that he is going to give you a few.
The picture of the Alps is cool. Just imagine shedhunting the big meadows and hill sides :)

Shedhunter1, he gave me 4 big sheds and only one of them will fit into my big suitcase.... The pic of the sheds in his back yard he gave me the big set on the left hand side.... It is the lighter colored set... They are awesome and massive.... I need to get creative and get them home with me.....

Shedhunter1, he gave me 4 big sheds and only one of them will fit into my big suitcase.... The pic of the sheds in his back yard he gave me the big set on the left hand side.... It is the lighter colored set... They are awesome and massive.... I need to get creative and get them home with me.....

can you ship them home?

Jmoose, I can ship them home, however, I am going to try to figure a way to pack them and check them as baggage on my flight home.....

Mark....

Awesome pics and very cool artwork. Sounds like one heck of a guy to give you all of he stuff he did and show you around.

I wouldn't mess with trying to bring the sheds back yourself, there is a chance they get snatched in customs. I would pack them nicely and FEDEX them home, might cost you two hundred bucks but it will be worth it to ensure the get there.

Kratz

2+ months ago I started working for a new company that is based in Kaprun Austria.

No way?!?!?!?! Cool antlered critters from Down Unda???? Well, Ga'Day Mate, let's throw another shrimp on the Barbi......

Sorry.... I had to, couldn't help myself... :grin:

Cool post tho, kinda culture's you to see what other people do across the big pond. Thanks :way:

THA4 said:
No way?!?!?!?! Cool antlered critters from Down Unda???? Well, Ga'Day Mate, let's throw another shrimp on the Barbi......

Sorry.... I had to, couldn't help myself... :grin:

Cool post tho, kinda culture's you to see what other people do across the big pond. Thanks :way:

Loved it. By the way, Dumb and Dumber 3 with the original cast to be released next year.

Sorry THA4, I am not in Austrailia, I am in Austria which is in the middle of Europe!!!!!

I have pissed a lot of people off over here by slipping and saying something about Austrailia when I ment Austria!!!!!!

Mark.....

kansasbowhunter said:
Sorry THA4, I am not in Austrailia, I am in Austria which is in the middle of Europe!!!!!

I have pissed a lot of people off over here by slipping and saying something about Austrailia when I ment Austria!!!!!!

Mark.....

He was quoting the scene from the Dumb & Dumber movie when Jim Carey was in the limo.

Top Bottom