Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Awesome stand!!

Liv4Rut

Since it is slow, I figured I would post up a stand I found this fall on public ground. I did not notice until I had my stand hung. Amazing what seem people will hunt out of! Looked like a death trap to me.
982-img_1539.jpg

Was it recent or an old timer stand left behind? Have to at least give the guy credit for being creative!

It looked like it had been there awhile. He had steel cable wrapped around it to hold it to the tree and it was growing into the bark.

Is that a rolled up cattle panel? Haha.. wow.. funniest thing I ever found was someone's rattling "antlers".. Two cow rib bones tied together with a string... always made me laugh picturing someone using those

Pretty sure I know where that is....I wondered myself how it was ever hunted out of.....

Im sure lots of guys have seen it in the north liberty area. I think it would have to be a gun stand. I dont see how you could draw a bow out of it.

I actually found another one many miles away from that one. So it's apparant that the same person is probably in that area as well. Who knows how how they've been there but they sure don't look that comfortable.

I think we should continue on with public land anomalies.

I don't have a crazy stand pic like Liv posted but I do have a pic of some climbing steps that I thought were pretty crazy.

s58orb.jpg

14oauea.jpg

Easily 18-20ft of metal there.

This had to be the biggest pain in the butt to pack to where it was located. I can't imagine how heavy this things is.

I think we should continue on with public land anomalies.

I don't have a crazy stand pic like Liv posted but I do have a pic of some climbing steps that I thought were pretty crazy.

s58orb.jpg

14oauea.jpg

Easily 18-20ft of metal there.

This had to be the biggest pain in the butt to pack to where it was located. I can't imagine how heavy this things is.

Hahaha I would rather pay for $50 for climbing steps than drag that hunk of steel out there!

People do some crazy stuff on public land that is for sure.

Sorry Liv couldn't help myself

Maybe the owner was growing tomatoes there. :)

He was probably growing something....but probably not tomatoes.

I found an old triangular shaped TV antena base about 13-14 foot tall tied to a tree with nylon rope last fall on public ground that they used to climb up to a hang on. Stand was still there too but looked like it hadn't been used in a while. Thing had to have weighed 75 pounds.

Top Bottom