Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AWP seeding

huntdoc

Looking for a seeding rate for AWP. Plan to broadcast and cover, so I will go a little heavy. ANyone over seed them into standing corn? Got some pretty cheap so looking to try something new.

20 - 30 in a mixture or 30 - 40 alone. I would plant with a mixture of Rye , WW, and Oats or any variation of at 50 lbs an acre plus the AWP's. I would guess you would have poor germanation brodcasting into standing corn. I would opt for packing into a prepped seed bed or other means of planting as they call for a 1/2 to 1 inch planting depth. Don't forget inoculant. I have put together a similar mixture to the one above with good sucess.

[ QUOTE ]
20 - 30 in a mixture or 30 - 40 alone. I would plant with a mixture of Rye , WW, and Oats or any variation of at 50 lbs an acre plus the AWP's. I would guess you would have poor germanation brodcasting into standing corn. I would opt for packing into a prepped seed bed or other means of planting as they call for a 1/2 to 1 inch planting depth. Don't forget inoculant. I have put together a similar mixture to the one above with good sucess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with CI...with enough rain it might germinate in the standing corn but birds are going to have a field day with the "bird seed"

Let us know if it works...

Top Bottom