Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

axcel armorsmith sights?

muddy

Any thoughts on these sights for those of you who use them? Not sure they're worth the price tag.

I think your talking about the amortech. It is a great sight, I owned one a few years ago and had it on my "bowhunter" class 3d bow.
Its a very well built sight, easy adjustments and shouldnt ever give you any problems.
I dont know what your budget is but i would take a hard look at spot hogg sights, in my opinion they are the most durable and well put together sight on the market.

I have the 5 pin and really like mine. Very durable, pins are bright and easy to adjust. Paid $200 for mine and have had it for 2 years. I am interested in trying a single pin sight at some point, maybe an HHA, but do really like the Axcel.

The Axcel Armortech is a very well-built sight with many features most shooters would enjoy.

The way in which you can fine-tune individual pins, or multiple pins at the same time without adjusting the elevation of the sight housing is a really convenient feature this product offers.

The sight is ruggedly-built, and can take some abuse. The pins are very thin, allowing the shooter a more open field-of-view through the sight housing. With multiple axis leveling adjustments, you can be confident that your level is telling you the truth regardless of the shot angle.

The pins are not weak by any means, but can bend due to their finer thickness. Also, customizing the diameter/color of the pin/fiber-optic is a little more expensive than other manufacturers in this relative price range. Finding the right sight-light can be a bit tricky too, as the sight-light port on the underside of the housing is positioned in such a way that certain lights at their brightest setting are hardly detectable at the business end of the fiber-optic.

Overall, these are very nice sights and for most, they won't disappoint.

I'll second what Rich77 had to say about Spot-Hogg. I've been using their sights for over a decade now, and I've yet to find a better product on the market that suits my wants and needs. The Hogg-it series would be very comparable to Axcel's Armortech series.

Both are technical sights, and to get the full benefit from them, you have to understand how the work. If not setup properly, they're not much better than sights that sell for significantly less money.

Just my two cents...

Last edited:
Top Bottom