Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

B-mobile, or pretty boy...any real difference

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you buy those acordian type brackets separately from primos for use with a pretty boy? I'd like to use my own fan w/ a pretty boy but it would be akward to carry in the field. If not, how would one make their own acordian bracket?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you could use a acordian style bracket on a real fan?

[/ QUOTE ] You actually pull the "REAL" feathers out of your fan and place them in this bracket. It will fold up kind of like the fancy ladies at the opra with their flip open fans. Would make traspoting the fan alot easier. I checked several sporting good sites and can't see where they are selling the brackets seperately. I'd think it would be a pain in the arse to make one?
confused.gif

From what I see, Pretty boy is better quality decoy but B-mobile is more mobile and that real fan accordian type thing definitely looks pretty cool. I'm gonna use a jake fan in mine.

I got the B-mobile and I really like it. I haven't had a chance to use it however I do have a couple of Jake fans to use with it. I am getting pretty excited. Here is a set of pictures I got thought i would share to get people more excited. Last years pictures that I got with a stealth cam. Some of you have probally seen these pic yet hope you enjoy.

Chad

2139.jpg

2140.jpg

2141.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
primos sells their fan bracket, that can be folded up.

[/ QUOTE ]

cabela's spring turkey catalog, right next to the b-mobile, sale $19.99

It's there I found it. I just typed in turkey decoys and it was by the B-mobile. However, you still your own turkey fan to pluck away and put into the bracket, but I will definitely be ordering one!!
grin.gif

I still didn't find it. You are not talking about the "The Real Tail Turkey Decoy Add-on" are you? That is also 19.99 but is something different. Thanks.

I picked up a B-Mobile yesterday at Sportsmens warehouse in Ankeny. Compared it to the pretty boy and they were close. The pretty boy was more realistic, but not by much. Each had its benefits. B-mobile went home with me because, it's more mobile, has the fan kit (which works great) and you can change the angle of the tail by loosening the bolt. Could even tie a string to it and raise/lower it.

I didn't look into it hard enough I guess. What I was looking at is called the REAL TAIL, it's not the same thing. My bad.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I picked up a B-Mobile yesterday at Sportsmens warehouse in Ankeny. Compared it to the pretty boy and they were close. The pretty boy was more realistic, but not by much. Each had its benefits. B-mobile went home with me because, it's more mobile, has the fan kit (which works great) and you can change the angle of the tail by loosening the bolt. Could even tie a string to it and raise/lower it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been watching this thread waiting for someone to make up my mind!
grin.gif

Both look awesome...

B-Mobile Strutting Gobbler Decoy

Pretty Boy and Pretty Girl Turkey Decoy Set

but is the full strut better then the breeding pair?

Breeding Tom Decoy

also...what about safety with a full strut decoy?

Do you wrap it in orange when handling it...I'd hate to end up with a butt load of #4's
blush.gif
grin.gif

I'd rather have the B Mobile or Pretty boy over the breeding pair.

And I carry mine in a big ol hunter orange decoy bag. I really keep my eyes open and pay attention to hen calls when I'm hunting as well. If a guy sneaks my decoy and doesn't see the big old Double Bull Matrix with the big old black hole on the front of it and whacks my decoy...

cloud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have the B Mobile or Pretty boy over the breeding pair.

And I carry mine in a big ol hunter orange decoy bag. I really keep my eyes open and pay attention to hen calls when I'm hunting as well. If a guy sneaks my decoy and doesn't see the big old Double Bull Matrix with the big old black hole on the front of it and whacks my decoy...

cloud.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like good advice Muddy
waytogo.gif

Dang I'm gettin pumped for spring now!
cool.gif

Gotta get my wife a second job to buy all these "toys" though...
evil.gif

You don't need to buy your own Paul, I'll bring all my stuff down and call for ya. You can even have first shot each time out.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'll bring all my stuff down and call for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

C-mon down...turkeys a-plenty around here
waytogo.gif

More important than what type of decoy you decide to use...Location, location, location...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

More important than what type of decoy you decide to use...Location, location, location...
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sir, that and patience.

It's not all Location
grin.gif
Last year my buddy was having a tough time getting on the birds, it was a huge field and the turkeys came from different spots everyday, but would never commit to the old fashioned hen decoy set ups. One evening we slipped in there with a pretty boy and two hen decoys. Two big ole toms came out in the field, and took one look and that was it for those two birds.
grin.gif
He tried for 4 seasons to get those birds within range and couldn't do it, The pretty boy did though. Another occaison was we were hunting down south in a small ditch that had 4 birds in it. The first morning my buddy and his brother shot two of them with their bows with the pretty boy. Then they would mix it up without the pretty boy and the remaining two wouldn't come in for a week or so, until they brought the pretty boy back out. Then one of the other birds fell to his dad. Now there was one remaining bird left that was very shy. The pretty boy and hens couldn't bring him in. So we decided two pretty boys and twice as many hens, that did the trick
blush.gif
grin.gif
You won't believe the results from using one of these things
smile.gif
The birds just come running in on a string

Top Bottom