Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Back from Iowa

zenhunter

Kinda weird to be back in California and wearing only one layer of clothing after stuffing myself into five layers for all those freezing mornings and evenings in a tree in Iowa. Didn't get the kind of buck I was after, but got the right one for me...and am counting the days until I get that delicious venison shipped out from Milo Locker.

Really appreciate all the hard work my buddy Mike did to get his new property ready for the season, and as always, enjoyed being around the good pro-hunting people of Iowa.

Here's the story of the hunt, along with some pics and videos:

Zenhunting.com

Congrats, on being successful here in Iowa. At least, your able to bring something back as a momento from your trip here.Any Deer meat tastes better than tag soap. Did he come into your decoy? I remember your earlier thread detailing about your planned trip here.

Mike used the decoy a couple of times in a field but put it up after awhile. Spooked the does. The bucks he got were in the thick stuff, no decoy.

Mike used the decoy a couple of times in a field but put it up after awhile. Spooked the does. The bucks he got were in the thick stuff, no decoy.

O okay, Surprised that the buck decoy would spook the does. Never had that happened.

Maybe, they caught scent of the decoy?? Good Luck on getting draw for a return trip here in Iowa and getting the buck of your dreams.

Turned out pretty good, I think.
picture.php

Enjoyed your story and glad you were successful in your hunt, even if it wasn't what you were hoping for. The candelabras look great.

Congrats on your successful trip to Iowa! I enjoyed the read and hopefully next time you get bambi's uncle or even grandpa- enjoy that great corn fed Venison in a few weeks too!

Congrats on your trip! Nothing like Iowa whitetail hunting! Also, cool idea for the antlers. I've got a few sheds sitting around that wouldn't look too bad as candleholders...that is if I can bring myself to drill into them!

Thanks a lot for visiting the blog and reading the story guys. Been writing the blog for years, lucky sometimes to get a hundred people reading it in a month. The Iowawhitetail crew has boosted that number this month to over a thousand! Really appreciate it.

Zen

Top Bottom