Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Back Pack For Lone Wolf

Fulldrw

I have been looking at getting a new backpack and i want one that i can strap my lone wolf alpha hang on to with my climbing sticks and i also want it to have plenty of room for other "junk" that i think i need while hunting. I thought that i saw somewhere that some people have used the Cabelas gun/bow pack to carry in their lone wolf and i also thought i saw someone mention about using the badlands 2200 to carry it. I would like to know what those of you use and the pros and cons of both packs please? Thanks for the info.

I use the Cabela's pack, gimmie a few minutes and I'll upload a picture for you.

I have used both and prefer the badlands for comfort and pocket design. Plus a lifetime warranty on anything that happens to the pack. The Cabelas pack is a good one as well, but I love my 2200...
waytogo.gif

how does your set up work Limb? Still trying to find the best way to carry them in thanks.

the cabalas pack dosent stand up. I know of three people who have them and all three are going back. The zippers fail...

The badlands 2200 rocks though!!!
waytogo.gif

I like the setup Limb. It sounds like the Badlands is the way to go if you have the money and are looking for a company that stands behing their product. Are you still able to fit much into the pack?

Yes there is plenty of room in the pack... The other reason I like the badlands is you can carry a fully assembled decoy in the bat wings as well. I hunted out of a preset stand once this year and the rest of the time put up my Lone Wolf which was a lot. I love this set up...
waytogo.gif

Just got done with 12 days of straight hunting. Used the LW setup with the Cabelas pack after getting the advice here from the site(last year). I must say this was a excellent way to be mobile and get around. Everything went well until 2 days ago when (just like vman said) one of the zippers failed on the main compartment. Now I have to watch the pack as the zipper comes open and I loose have my stuff when im packing in.

Looks like the badlands is the next purchase............

Muddy,

I havent contacted them yet I just got back and was lucky enough to read this.

Limb,
Was just bringing up the Cabelas page to see if they had badlands packs there and see if I can work out the exchange.

Don

Yep they have them...

Does your Cabelas pack stink? I had one that Dewy now has and Weasel has another one they both smell like coon urine... Never had anything put on them as far as scent. Same question for anyone else that has one.

The smell on my Cabelas pack is starting to wear away. Constant spraying with Ghost and storage in a bin full of leaves helps. That was one major issue I had with my Cabela's pack. After playing around with Badlands (AFTER buying the Cabelas one) I noticed that they are MUCH more ergonomically form fitting on the lower back. Glad my Cabela's pack only cost me $50 from the bargain cave.

Ahhh the infamous smell..........

My Cabelas pack was a Christmas gift in 2003. I put the pack back in the plastic bag it came in and put it in the garage on my shelf with my other hunting gear. Sept 2004 Im getting ready for the season and pull out the pack. It smelled terrible and like a fox urine or skunk scent. I walked inside to see if the wife would notice and I didnt even say a word about it and she smelled it right away. So I call Cabelas and they sent me a new one out after I sent the smelly one to them. This newer pack does have a slight smell and now the failed zipper. Im not sure what is smelling on them but im glad it wasnt just me.

I called Cabelas today and they told me they would have no problem crediting my account the price of their pack when they get it back. To make things better I recieved a Christmas Catalog from them last week and theres a 20 dollar coupon off a purchase of 150 or more.

So, Im sending their pack back and just bought a Badlands online from them with the 20 dollar discount.
grin.gif

Sometimes things work out and its great having a site like this with all the great information thats shared.

Don

Glad things worked out and you will be very satisfied with the badlands pack! The warranty card that come with it makes it pretty clear that if anything happens to the pack, they will take care of it.

I wonder if there is something in the fabric of the cabelas pack that makes them eventually smell.

eventually smell? The smell isn't coming right away? I bought one awhile back and just this year the zipper failed on the small detachable pack. That one stunk from day 1 and I messed up and sprayed it with scented spray that never went away. I took it back looked at the Badlands and didn't want to fork out the extra money. Picked up the same Cabela's pack I had. This one didn't have a bad smell, just a new smell. I think the problem with the zippers can come from spraying them down. Scent killer seems to dry on plastic buckles and zippers with a little residue. This seemed to be what caused my zipper issues. Cabela's warranty is awesome - especially on their name brand gear. Time will tell on how this second pack will work. No doubt the badlands is a better built pack - but you pay for it. Even if the Cabela's pack dies every other year you could always get a new one no problem - unless they stop making it. So I am undecided if next time I will splurge for the badlands or not. The one thing I like about the cabela's pack over the badlands is that smaller extra pack. That is perfect for carrying my video cam without squishing it. I didn't see a good pocket to put the cam in while packing in a stand. Seemed to me that it would always be between your back and the weight of the stand... Does anybody pack a video cam with the badlands???

I spray the crap out of my monster fanny and it is fine on the second year of use. I sent it back this fall to have it fixed at no cost and no questions were asked. I bought the 2200 based on the reviews herein and have used it several times, it is a great pack and I will be using it from here on this season. My only concern is the batwings holding up under the weight of the LW stand and sticks. I know they will fix it but at some point you got to say this just wasn't designed to carry that much weight. I was surprised last year at how quickly the stand wore through the fanny pack but have to admit they did a great job fixing it.

NE1022Buck,
I have used my 2200 carrying the LW stand and sticks everytime I went out this year and there is no signs of wear. It is amazing.

On your monster fanny pack where did it wear through?

Top Bottom