Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Back Pack For Lone Wolf

Limb - the fabric covering the plastic rod that runs up and around the pack to keep its shape was worn through from the stand rubbing on it. Now granted, I was wearing the pack with the stand and sticks over the top with shoulder straps so the pack was esentially wedged between my back side and the stand. They replaced it at no cost and this time they used a much tougher material. I should mention that they also fixed water straps that would not fit the monster by stitching in a wide strap that drops down into the fanny pack and new buckles that attach on the front where the shoulder straps normally would. This should be a nice option w the water bladder when scouting but not conducive to packing a stand over the top.

Wow, sounds like they customized it for your specific use. Cool.
waytogo.gif

When I use my monster fanny pack which is very little anymore, I turn the stand upside down and strap the pack to the stand and use the back pack straps with pipe insulation over them and it seems to work pretty well.

Limb, do you hunt like this all the time? I like the convenience of a stand already there. Is it that simple to set up the sticks and stand on a early morning hunt? I'm considering a lone wolf for next year but still not sure if I'd care to pack everything in like that.

Firedog...
I can't speak for Limb, but from my personal experience with the LW this season it is very easy and convenient to put up, even in the dark, but I too would rather have a stand already in place. For me it does already seem to be getting old packing it all up, setting it up at your tree, and packing it back up again at the end of the hunt. I really do miss just carrying in your bow and backpack and climbing into the tree. In some places it's a great option to have...as on public ground...you never have to worry about your stand being stolen.

I think the best scenario for the Lone Wolf IMO is to be able to hunt private ground and have multiple easy hang hooks already in place with screw in steps up your tree so you can bounce around the timber and just carry the stand. If your steps are already in place and the easy hang hook is ready to go, the stand can be placed literally in less than a minute...with very little noise. That way if a thief is tresspassing all he could get is your steps and not your whole set up.

Nevertheless...you can't go wrong with a LW...the mobility with the stand is fantastic. I put it in a tree yesterday morning that I guarantee no other stand on the market would have fit into..and not be shifting and making a bunch of noise. As I was sitting there I just kept looking down at the set up thinking about how awesome the stand is.

I agree 100% with Shoot2kill.
I love having a stand in place months in advance. But, when the spot you want to go to doesnt already have a stand, the LW is the easiest way to get there.

Thanks for the info guys. It does sound like an awesome stand for those screwy trees. I have a tough decision to make this off-season.

Came home yesterday and my new Badlands was sitting there waiting. They also gave me a free badlands headlamp with the pack.

Cant wait to use it!!!!!!!!

I think that it is around the $150 range if I'm correct. It's bad when you just bought it a month ago and can't remember! Great pack though, I am very happy with mine.

Are you guys still happy with the Badlands? I would like to attach my Assault and 4 sticks to it. Is there good support in the back and shoulder areas? Looking at a lot of hill climbing and long walks in this year. Wondering if I should just get a small frame pack instead?

Top Bottom