Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bad Boy Buggy?

MOBEN

Last year I bought a Bad Boy Buggy, and while I love not having to put gas in it I do need advice on improving the suspension. It rides so rough that the passengers have to hold on for dear life. Anybody know of any aftermarket products that will nelp? Ive searched the web and so far no luck. Thanks.

Call Tiffany
grin.gif

I was a hair's breath away from owning a Bad Boy dealership last year. Alot of research by myself on those machines and the one that came up the most was the stiff ride. A negative by-produst of leaf springs. I would jump on Bad Boys website and find a few of the long time dealers in TX and ask those boys down there if there's anything that could be done. They've been around as long as anyone and some have sold more than any other dealer. Those guys provided me some good info when I asked.

I really dont know much about the Bad Boy Buggies, but from looking at a pic it looks like it is basicly an EZ-GO Workhorse 4x4 that is converted to electric, camo'ed, etc. I would bet the basic chasis and 99% of it is built by Ezgo, same company that builds golf carts. I know that you can buy heavy duty rear leaf springs and that they are usually recommended for carts with the rear seat or cargo bed, and I'd guess they are standard on the bad boy. I would also imagine you could replace those heavy duty springs with standard springs and get a better ride, but you would lose some payload capacity. Reducing tire pressure to around 5 psi would help some also.
Do like Moose said and check with the dealers, and you can also ask on a web site called buggiesunlimited.com.
No matter what you do though, its not going to ride like an independant rear suspension ATV.

The people that really talk these things up are the people that get paid to say how great they are.

I would drive one if someone paid me to. Until then, I'll stick to my gas powered Ranger and not worry about charging my battery.
grin.gif

In my experiences, anything battery powered is going to suck after the new wears off and batteries are expensive. My uncle pulled in to my place last week on a Kubota UTV. It's a 900 CC diesel in Advantage camo. Sweet machine, all hydraulic drive "like a skid loader" with front and rear lockers. It has a hydraulic dump box too. I'd hate to know what he gave for it but I know I'd like to have one some day.
grin.gif

There about $12,000 new. After you get used to them about throwing you out everytime you let up on the gas they are awesome. They aren't the go fast machine a Ranger is but 25-30 mph is plenty fast. They look pretty cool with a iowawhitetail sticker on the tailgate too.
waytogo.gif

I'm not promoting BBB's but this is a condensed version of what I found out after much research.

They will definetly not replace the gas powered ATV. At least not until battery technology gets alot better. A buggy drivin hard nonstop over somewhat hilly terrain will last about 2 hours. That's quite a bit of driving though. They are heavy. The 4 wheel drive works awesome. They are stealthy quiet. Top end is 25 to 28 MPH. They run about $8700.00, so they are right in the ballpark with other side by sides. Overall I think they are pretty nice machine, but probably not for everyone. For stricktly hunting in the midwest, I think they would be tough to beat. If I had 9K laying around I would get one.

Buggy VS ATV
is
Apples VS Oranges.

However, Buggy VS SidebySide ATV (such as the ranger) is a little closer in comparison.

And the comment: For stricktly hunting in the midwest, I think they would be tough to beat

I would have to agree from what my limited knowledge however it would be really hard for me to justify the cost when I compare the uses of the machines to a gasser side-by-side.

Dean

I dont plan on buying one, but I sure wish the guys who hunt over the fence would. I get tired of hearing them drive their ATV's down the fenceline, all the way to their treestands, twice everyday.

Top Bottom