Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bad timing

ShedderKG

Im sure I'm not the only person this has happened to but needed to Vent. I told myself I was going to sit until 11 and then get down and go do yard work. Sitting on stand I though there was a little bit better tree along the trail and would also make it more comfortable sit. Decided to move the stand at 10 am after not seeing a deer this morning. Middle of hanging the stand at 10:30. Mr 160+ come in pushing a doe. All I could do is sit there and admire how awesome he was. I've shot a handfull of deer with my bow but am still waiting on something for the wall. Frustrating to say the least. Sorry, rant over. On to tomorrow

I know how that feels.

I hunted the same tree multiple times back in 2005.

I decided I needed to move, so I hung the stand in a different tree, only to watch a large buck push a doe past the tree I had been hunting in all season.:(

Luckily I moved my stand back and killed him 5 days later. :way:

Last edited:
Im not out for the trophy just a deer to fill the freezer. Hope you get next time.

I showed up late to the stand yesterday afternoon and a well known shooter showed up with a doe while i was halfway up the tree. Ten min staring match and he gone. Couldn't help but laugh at my luck. Hopefully you get another chance at him.

Ah yes and the saga goes on. Totally understand how you feel. Keep having fun partner and it will all work out. Go get him now.

It's amazing how they seem to know when to move. Almost as if they have a sixth sense. It has happened to me twice this year when I have bucks move right as I get down and get ready to head up.

I've learned to just sort of laugh at when every I screw something up or get busted.

I've been in the process of getting out of the stand after a morning sit and have deer come in as I'm climbing down or gathering stuff up. This has happened MULTIPLE times.

Top Bottom