Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

badlands monster?

N

NEARK0607

Is this a good size pack for stand hunting should I go with a full scale back pack? I see the 07's are little bigger. I have never seen one up close just on the internet

Chris,
It all depends on what type of hunting you do. If you pack in your stand every time I would recommend the 2200 if not the monster has plenty of room for your daily gear.

If you are going to purchase one let me know I have one that I have used probably 4 times that I am willing to sell at a good price.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Matt- is there anything you don't have?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have a Matthews.

I've been using a Monster fanny pack for two seasons and I really like it. For stand hunting it seems to hold plenty of gear, the only time I run short on room is if I'm doing an all day sit and want to pack a bunch of munchies as well. In that case I just ditch some gear I wont need for the intended location. I prefer the fanny over a backpack because the pockets seem more organized, or compartmentalized. With a regular pack it seemed that whatever I needed was always buried at the very bottom under a ton of other gear and it was frustrating. If I'm carrying my lonewolf stand, I just run the Monster pack buckles through the platform of the stand and let it hang off the back, seems to work fine. When I get to the tree I put it on my waist, on the front, and reshoulder the stand so I can get both up the tree in one trip. If you actually fill the Monster, you'll probably end up using the shoulder straps most of the time.

If you can snag a deal from Limb, I think it would be a good investment.

[ QUOTE ]
If you can snag a deal from Limb, I think it would be a good investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime you can steal something from Limb it's a good deal!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Love the monster, especially for early season. You can buy a brand spankin new last years model for a lot less than I paid for mine. I saw one the other day for $70. What doesn't fit in the pack you can always tie on.

Top Bottom