Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bait

I have permission to hunt a piece of land. I was walking in along the fence the other day and noticed a tree stand on the adjoining land just over the fence and facing away from my piece. This is fine and dandy, however their is bait in front of it and a trail camera. I do not want to be accused of it being mine. How would you handle this situation?

death from above

Just contact the conservation officer and they will keep an eye on them. Where I hunt I have ran into the same issue and that's how we handled it.

Can't control what the neighbors do. Hunt the farm you have permission on and don't worry about it. You could call the CO if it makes you feel better but I believe that would be a waste of resources. A lot of possibilities here. Could be an out of state hunter that didn't draw a tag this year just getting pics. Could be someone that just enjoys taking pictures of deer. Could be a bowhunter baiting deer but until you have hard evidence you can't prove anything anyway.

I just control what i can on my side of the fence. Im not saying its right but you could end up stirring up something between landowners and losing hunting privilege.
Basically it may cause more harm than the good he/she will have by having some bait infront of a stand.

It could be a late season muzzy stand and is trying to get pictures of whats there? if there is no camera- I would say someone is cheating a bit

Just know if and when they get caught chances are they will know exactly who turned them in. Buy some heavy duty locks for your stuff!

Just hunt your stand and I would setup a hidden camera high in the tree facing to that bait hole. Keep proof of who has been maintaining it incase questions are asked.

I have a pile of corn in front of a camera by one of my stands but like others said I am waiting until later in the year to hunt it. I wouldn't call a co unless you see an offender

I have a pile of corn in front of a camera by one of my stands but like others said I am waiting until later in the year to hunt it. I wouldn't call a co unless you see an offender

That's asking for trouble. Iowa's definition of baiting is extremely subjective to the officer if or mementos correctly. I think you can be punished if the CO determines your bait pile is affecting deer movement in your advantage even if you aren't in that specific stand.

I think I will let this be and see if I notice a vehicle parked at that end of the field. All my stands are located on the other end of the property

death from above

Top Bottom