Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Baiting information

luv2hunt

Can anyone offer insight into Iowa's baiting laws. I've looked through the Deer/Turkey regs. and the general hunting/trapping/fishing regs. books and can't find any specifics on baiting
confused.gif
(maybe they are there, but I sure can't find them). The owner of the land I hunt placed a salt block out this summer and has now added a mineral block. I know it is illegal to hunt over these and don't want to end up placing a stand to close
nono.gif
....can anyone provide some info. on the minimum distance if there is such a thing so I can make sure I'm safely outside it. Thanks for your help

There is some info on the baiting that you are asking question about.
It is on page 6 of the deer and turkey regs.
It is stated.
BAIT"Bait"- means grain fruit, vegetables, nut, hay,salt,mineral blocks or any other natural food material, commercial products containing natural food material or by-products of such materials placed in an area for the purpose of attracting wildlife. Bait does not includ food placed during normal agricultural activities.

A DNR agent said if you were ON a trail that led to the bait....no matter if it's 50 yards or 500....he could still bust ya. And he would....god bless him.

Top Bottom