Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Baiting regs

How much difderent is hunting a food plot vs a salt block? All seems the same to me and guys buy dvd's all the time of guys hunting over plots. I don't get it.

Btw guys, what it means is that if a farmer spills corn in a corn field or soybeans in a bean field you can still hunt the corn field. At least that's what I've been told.

I think it is worded as "waste grain due to normal agricultural practices".

Now if they are dumping huge piles on purpose....

How much difderent is hunting a food plot vs a salt block? All seems the same to me and guys buy dvd's all the time of guys hunting over plots. I don't get it.
IMO...The DNR's problem with mineral licks is the spread of disease and not necessarily about hunting over them. In the DNR's eye, no mineral site is a good mineral site and since they couldn't get the law passed to get them banned, they are using the baiting law to extremes to deter you from having a mineral lick.

The difference is; in Iowa, hunting over a food plot is legal, hunting over a salt lick is not. Food plot is legal, dumping a pile of corn is not. Makes no matter if you think it makes sense or not. It's not up to you. The DNR makes the rules and your CO interprets them.

I drive through a residential area every day where the speed limit is 35mph for a few blocks & then it's 25mph. All residential. Same road surface. All city limits. Same housing density & number of kids. No change in anything, other than the speed limit. Makes no sense, but don't even try to talk the local policeman out of a ticket based on that argument. Obey the law or lobby to change it (but to be safe, better obey it until you get it changed). ;)

Btw guys, what it means is that if a farmer spills corn in a corn field or soybeans in a bean field you can still hunt the corn field. At least that's what I've been told.[/QUOTE]

The poor mans food plot right there!

Top Bottom