Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Banned from a website:

loneranger

I saw a link to Iowa Outdoors on here,,forget exactly who posted it,sorry,,but I went there. Never been there before. I joined up, made a couple posts and got banned. No cussing, was polite? Possibly too controvercial? It is a site associated with the DNR isn't it.? Anyway I said I was sorry, for whatever I violated and said goodbye.

Not sure what went wrong? I saw my pin had left, so I entered a new one and then could post again. I emailed managers of site but it keeps coming back. Oh well,,did not care for the site anyway.

I should go see if they banned me too! I was talking FOI and negitive about the IDNR. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ironwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is a hoser from north of Hwy 34 or 30. I always forget. </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

North of 20

the site is not affilitated with the DNR.

you DO have to log in (name and password) everytime you want to make/reply to a post.

Hey now..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ironwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is a hoser from north of Hwy 34 or 30. I always forget. </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

North of 20 </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you DO have to log in (name and password) everytime you want to make/reply to a post. </div></div>

what a great use of technology

That site is a joke anyways. Way too many know it alls. As long as you follow like sheep, you're ok, but don't you dare have an opinion of your own!! Not to mention EVERY thread turns into a pissing match over there.

I try not to promote any other sites while I am on one, but I will say this. I have 3 sites up almost all the time here at work. Iowa Whitetail, Fly anglers on line, and Iowa Outdoors. There are know it alls on every site, I know because I am logged on these three plus an RV site and a smoked meat site, and they did let me on. Thank goodness I live south of HWY 34, so I don't fall into that hoser category. Every site is only as good as we, the members, make it as we try to express our view points on out doors subjects.

Hoser line is definately north of 30, eh?

I've never been to Iowa Outdoors, well, not that I can remember. I have enough trouble keeping up with this one.

The 'Bonker

I've been banned at IO just for typing the word "suck". That site is really about the worst as far as alot of complainers and know it all's. It is a VERY slow site too, it takes forever to go from page to page.

I've been a member of Iowa Outdoors for a couple years now and have 250 posts on there. I'm mostly on there for the deer hunting forum under the screen name sep0667. They reason for the banning thing was because they had a glitch in the system for a few hours, everyone no matter who you were as banned. It is fixed now. Like I said, I am mostly on that site for the deer hunting but once the deer seasons are over there is basically nothing about it on there. I've posted my pictures of sheds on there but there's basically no response and hardly anyone else post sheds. I'm getting sick of how slow it is too, I like this site alot more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handcannon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is this a topic on this website? </div></div>

It looks like it started inocently enought. The hoser thing I took as a geographical reference or just funning. And it appears the original questions was just answered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ironwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
or just funning. </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

How ironic.

I just cleaned out my personal info there and left for good. I found the topics of my interest had some good members and I enjoyed their company but I was spanked twice by the moderators in a short period of time for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

And I am pretty confident I know the difference.

Those here that know me, can attest that I keep things pretty positive and respectful in my postings.

I started to think that they had a particular political slanted adgenda, but maybe they just overkill of polictical correctness. Regardless I did not feel something was right there.

Top Bottom