Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bbd!

codywright

TENRINGER
Ha ha not what you expected I'm sure. To me its all the same I was able to cross something off my bucket list. Taking a bobcat with a bow is one of the highlights of my bowhunting career. On the evening hunt Nov 14 this cat strolled by at 24 yds. I made good on the shot and he didn't go very far at all. At the end of the trail there was a beautiful animal for me to take home. This cat weighed in at 30lbs. Got him tagged by the CO the next morning and we were on our way home. I still have yet to find my buck. I think he forgot I was coming to visit and didn't show. Gonna try finding him again soon. Thanks for looking.

NICE!! :way: Good shooting, I missed one with my bow last year and I am still ticked about it. :D

That's an amazing trophy. Congrats!!!!

Missed my oppurtunity last year too. Had a big brushpile about 40 yards in front of my stand the farmer had just pushed in. I kept hearing rustling coming from the pile and figured it was coons so I ignored it. Was watching a group of Does to my left and out of the corner of my eye noticed the big female walking through my lane. Had no time to react to her but noticed another smaller one coming right behind her. Had to be about 3/4 the size of her. Drew back and the thing just started trotting at the right time. Drew back down thinking my chance was over.

The two of them had stopped though (behind heavy brush) and were looking back at the brushpile. Sure enough another smaller one came walking out. This time I was ready. Pulled my bow back....stopped him in my lane....couldnt have been any better. Put the pin behind the front shoulder and let it fly. At 20 yards the arrow hit right behind the front leg. Maybe an inch below where I aimed.

This little cat jumped probably 10 feet straight up, hit the ground running and ran right past his brother and mother. They kind of looked at each other (like what the heck is he doing?) and looked around. He was about 100 yards past them before they turned and trotted off in the same direction.

Turned out I just gave him a good shave. 1 1/2 inch hair all over. Would have been a cool little trophy. Probably never have another chance. Definately never saw them again!

Top Bottom