Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BDAHMS hunting log

BDAHMS

Be here Now
Figured it is getting close to that time to really start hunting hard (Halloween weekend is getting close!!!:) ) and I figured like last year- I will just put all the encounters on one thread. I am sure no one cares and I just type this for myself anyways ;)

I went out last night after DIRECTV FINALLY got installed- I love that " We will be there from 12:00-5:00 window so please be there ready" he got done installing around 4:00 so I quickly packed up and ran to the orchard. Ended up seeing 3 bucks and 7 Doe- all in the freshly picked corn along the end of the orchard- had all 3 bucks in bow range- not one winded me or looked in my direction - That Nice 8 I posted a couple days ago was one of them- he is pretty impressive up close but not enough to use a tag up on Oct 22! I was at full draw on a large doe for over two minutes (Felt like 30) and couldn't decide if I wanted to take her at last light and I ended up passing her and waiting on taking a doe until I have daylight to process her- May try and get back out Sunday to a spot I have yet to sit- or I will just go pull all the cards from down south and see where I want to be for Halloween weekend

Last edited:
Went out last night- was winded by a definite shooter around 6:15- came in from a completely different spot than most deer have been coming in at on this property- will be leaving that spot alone for a few days- hung a camera and magnum scrape dripper on a fresh scrape at that stand

Tons of activity so far tonight- had deer around since 4:30 when I got to my stand. This is a place I won't hunt in the next few weeks so my goal was a doe tonight. I have had 8 doe- 2 bucks. And one of the does is laying belly up. 23 yard shot and she went maybe 30 yards.

I got in the stand tonight at 4:10, at 4:30 I filled my doe tag. Bring on the Bucks!!!!!

Nice work! I saw a ton of deer tonight- I'll
Be down in southern Iowa at the cabin Friday afternoon - Sunday. Bring on giant bucks- zebs smokehouse for my doe- and Up In Smoke BBQ in afton!

Nice! I do some hunting between afton and lorimor. Best of luck to ya! Starting next Friday, I'm off for 2 weeks for hunting/trapping!

Congrats on the doe, now knock down a brute. I have always wanted to keep a log of encounters to see if the activity starts about the same time every year. Putting it on here was a great idea

Here is the arrow- a sight we all love:)

12190016_905623277294_3602969104305679042_n.jpg

Had a ton of activity today from 3:30 til dark. And I had a surprise visit from curly! He was dogging a doe pretty hard and he was in and out of my spot all evening with that doe. Dozen or so in total different deer and curly is very cool up close from the stand. Had he been on the hitlist and not on the no shoot list he would have been shot. Or at least shot at. Nonetheless wasn't expecting to see him- about 1/4 mile from other stand and never had him on this camera.

Well Friday was great activity and then it just slowed down. Saw a few decent bucks trailing does but it was slow. All the corn is still up so I'm headed north to the property by winterset and checking cameras. I did have a great buck below my sand Saturday not 5 minutes into legal time but couldn't tell if it was curly or another nice deer so he walked. Probably won't get back out til Thursday

Same here. Friday I saw 8 different bucks before 11am. Today I have only seen 1 doe and a bunch of turkeys.

Best morning so far. Passed the biggest buck I've ever legitimately passed (145-150 3.5 ten). Seen 4 other bucks cruising. Wasn't planning on an all day sit so taking a quick break and then back at it.

Went out this AM- had a great buck just before 8:00 come in with his nose down and on a mission- I was able to stop him with a grunt but no shot- he was definitely on a trail. Here is a few pics of the buck - wrong date on camera obviously----going back out at 1:30 hoping to get him coming back this evening to the corn- been a lot of does around each evening

10435843_899108378204_1154590808620945662_n.jpg

12027574_899108223514_2165416253074029018_n.jpg

Back in the same stand tonight over this cornfield. Little worried about the wind shifting right at sunset- but we will see. It's hot and windy- so expectations aren't super high

very slow last night and this AM- headed to southern Iowa now to go for my #1 and pull cards- was pretty cool sitting in that rainstorm with the sun out and watching a lighting show last night- all except no deer. I was also enjoying a deer stick while hunting deer- seemed right

12184181_906777129964_3682512980487742245_o.jpg

12193623_906759664964_5153649452690341394_n.jpg

Top Bottom