Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Be safe out there

kjohn15

While sitting over a foodplot last night with a decoy I had the most frustrating/scary thing happen to me. It was around 4:45 and I was watching a button buck feed in the plot and I had heard some deer in the standing corn to my east when all of a sudden BOOM! Followed by the whistle of a rifle bullet flying by me. Apparently the deer I heard in the corn proceeded south into a cut bean field where a guy drove his truck into the field and tried to shoot the deer. The deer showed up in between me and my decoy in a split second after the shot and I realized how close I was to being caught down range of a poacher. That deer was in between me and this idiots truck at the time he shot. I instantly called the CO and gave the best description I could give of the vehicle but unfortunately didn't get the plate number. I have no clue if the guy even realizes I was there. Fear became anger really quick. I hate people that think they can do whatever they want and don't realize the repercussions of their actions. Oh and he missed the deer and then drove off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom