Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bear Claw Necklace finished!!

fireman

Finally got around to working on this today!! I had the taxidermist pull the claws from one front paw for this project.

Step 1was to clean up the bone on the claws. I started with a fine wire wheel on a cordless drill, then sandpaper, then some 40 volume peroxide paste!

08546adf.jpg

2a690ce2.jpg

Then I stained the snow white pipe bone in a pan of hot tea!!!

BearNecklace002.jpg

And then strung it all together on some small cord!!!

BearNecklace003.jpg

BearNecklace005.jpg

BearNecklace006.jpg

BearNecklace007.jpg

Looks Great! Hey, do you use that same peroxide paste on your skulls too? I've heard guys talk about putting paste on thier boiled out skulls.

Looks Great! Hey, do you use that same peroxide paste on your skulls too? I've heard guys talk about putting paste on thier boiled out skulls.

The 40 volume paste does work, and I do use it on bigger skulls like buffler, elk and moose.... But most of my whitening is done with a pool oxidizer, brand name is Baquicil. It is around 35% pero, where the 40 vol is 12-15%!! Wear gloves and glasses as it will burn your skin!!!

ALSO, PEROXIDE AND METAL DONT MIX!!! Use plastic!!!

Any peroxide will work, even the stuff you pour on a cut, degreasing is the key!!!

134.jpg

"I'm Bear Claw Chris Lapp. Blook kin to the grizzer that bit Jim Bridger's ass.. YOU are molesting my hunt!!"

Looks good man!

Last edited:
Top Bottom