Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bear Encounter

rarndt16

This is the year I am going to splurge and buy a new bow. I have been basically renting one the past two years. I am on a college budget so I am looking for the best price I can. I have been looking at the Bear Encounter RTH and have heard nothing but good things about it. It's a $400 package which is perfect for me. Anyone heard anything bad about them or spectacular about them?

Honestly, you would be a lot better off buying a used top end bow than a new mid to lower level bow. You can buy a 2010 and some 2011 bows by Elite and Strother for 300-450. These will be high end bows too. You will have to pay a little more to get some arrows and a sight but you can pick up a decent sight for 40-60, a drop away for $60 and ill sell ya a dz arrows for a real good price. :) ...
Take it for what it is worth, I just think you will be much more satisfied with a really good bow to start off with.
I really think

I would suggest first off, if you haven't done so, go out and shoot a bunch. Get an idea of what feels nice and what doesn't. Places like bass pro and many archery shops will let you test them out. I will second the checking into a used bow prior to going new. There are many many people who get a new bow yearly or close to it and bows are like cars, pricey to buy new but the resale is not so great. Figure out what you want and start checking classifieds, I highly suggest the archerytalk website for deals. If the bear encounter is what you are set on, I'd say go for it. I have not shot it myself, but bear makes good products, I would imagine you will be very happy with it.

You will not be unhappy with nearly any of the new bows on the market today or within the last 5 years. Nearly all the new bows are great. Shoot as many different ones as you can and determine which bows shoot best, it's the only way to tell. I echo the previous posters comments about buying a used bow. You can get way more bang for your buck on a great used bow, and save enough money doing so that you can get better accessories than what you would get in a package. The good accessories are what make a great bow in my opinion.

Jackson0 said:
Today i read this topic it's and i have to share something which is that
I'm moving to the mountain and I've been going hiking a lot more a lot and was wondering if it's good for stopping a black bear in one shot........ I heard they're heavy but very accurate once you get used to using one.is that true what you think...???

If your referring to the bear encounter bow being heavy then no it's not heavy at all. Only 3.7 pounds with no accessories. My uncle has a Hoyt vector and his weighed I think 5.0 with nothing on it. I bought the Encounter and I am very pleased already. But I shot a 15 year old Bear that I borrowed last year and yes those are heavier.

I went to archery country in st cloud mn and shot 8 differnt bows and finally settled for the diamond fugitive I really liked the way it felt to me.They will let you shoot whatever u want it is really worth the drive hope this helps

Top Bottom