Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bear Hunt

legbone

Anyone have a reference for a good bear outfitter in Canada. Went on a hunt in the fall of 2010 to Ontario. Two of the three of us scored, but didn't see many bears.

We are going on a hunt in "Saskatchewan" this May to Bruins Claw Outfitters, he is highly recommended, we have done hunting shows for years with him and we are finally going on a hunt.

If you're interested in Manitoba, Contact Ron Dare of BearTrack Outfitters. Great guide, great food, and lots of bears.

A spring hunt in Manitoba is a great bet. Saskatchewan is also a good choice. If you want colored bears, eastern Sask and western Manitoba are the places to go for baited hunts, Alberta for Spot and stalk.

You will not see as many bears in the fall as you will in the spring and you will see more in Sask and Manitoba that you will in Ontario (in most cases) because Ontario outfitters tend to overhunt their areas. In Manitoba and Sask, the areas are bigger and do not get hunted as hard so you will see more and bigger bears. I have hunted with Ron Dare as mentioned and it's pretty good. I had a couple amazing hunts with Narrows Outfitters, and I will go back there again probably next year. In 2012, I am hunting in Western Manitoba in May, Idaho in June, Ontario in August and Maine in October. Being the managing editor of Bear Hunting Magazine has its privleges. :)

Top Bottom