Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bear hunter from PA

That's a huge bear. Curious what the skull measured. Here in Sask a big bear will weigh close to 500 and a half dozen will measure between 21 and 22 every year with maybe one 22+ every couple years.

Great bear!!! I live in PA and there are a lot of huge black bear for sure, giants every year. I only hunted them once, came close and got lost! I went to a friend's cabin in Clinton County that I never been to. Ventured out in the dark and angled up the mountain then went across the top for most of the day, had one barrel by but no shot. I figured I'd walk about the same distances the other way and drop down close to where the cabin was. But I came down in a different valley due to two mountain ridges came together that I didn't realize. Got dark so I followed a ravine down not knowing where the hell I was. Not a good feeling, finally came to a hard road and fortunately someone stopped and asked if I needed a ride. Didn't even know how far I was from the cabin but the local had an idea. Turns out I was 5 miles from camp, good thing I didn't shoot a bear!

Years back, a friend from NY asked if I wanted to come out deer and bear hunting. A NR license was good for one buck and one bear was about $105. We hunted the Catskill Mountains, I grazed a trophy buck for the area, never did see a bear. I hear that dragging them out is like trying to pull a huge bag of jello.

That’s crazy!!!! I’ve heard guys talk about PA bears before. I never would have guessed it was that good!!! I think I heard NC mentioned too?!?!?! But dang that’s giant!!!!! Welcome!!!!!

That’s crazy!!!! I’ve heard guys talk about PA bears before. I never would have guessed it was that good!!! I think I heard NC mentioned too?!?!?! But dang that’s giant!!!!! Welcome!!!!!
NC has big (weight) bears too. But the last B&C book I looked at had 12 of the top 20 bears being from PA. As you probably know, the true metric of a trophy bear is skull size.

Top Bottom