Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bear Hunting and a little fishing

boneil

Just got back from a bear hunt at Bruinsclaw Outfitters in Northeastern Saskatchewan. Awesome trip, even though it was a 30 hour drive one way:) Great people, great food, great setup. Highly recommend Bruinsclaw which is run by Bjorn Weippert. Our group went 3 for 4 on bears, with everyone having a chance to shoot a good bear. The one that didn't take a bear was waiting on a color phase that just didn't appear when he was on stand. Hoping to finish up the video here in the next day or 2.

This was my first bear hunt and I learned a ton. They look huge when they walk in and hard to believe an animal so large can be so quiet. Ended up shooting the 2nd bear that I saw on the 2nd night. It appeared a lot bigger than the first bear that I had seen earlier in the night. Ended up being a dry sow with a 16" and weighed 180 lbs. Video can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVDwPn8PJQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUzHUn1UV5eKGC4VXtarv4qQ Not a professional and self filmed:)
picture.php

After I shot my bear, I got to do a little fishing. Caught a lot of walleyes and some good northerns. Was jigging for walleye and hooked into this northern. Biggest one to date for me.
picture.php

Can't wait to go back and do it again.

Last edited:
Awesome, congrats! My son and I went on our 1st bear hunt to ontario last fall and ya for sure, they look a hell of alot bigger coming in, especially sitting on the ground, when you wake up and they are right there:thrwrck:

Looks like a great time. Congrats. I am doing the same hunt in Quebec next spring first week of June. Can't wait!

Top Bottom