Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bearded Archery Hen

sims8ball

This is my dads first archery turkey, took it Sunday night about 6:30. Sorry don't know much else about the hunt, but it has a pretty long beard for a hen!
4831100_0787.JPG

Great. I have seen bearded hens but never had a shot at one. Pretty rare if you ask me even though 10% are suppose to have beards.

The beard looks about the size of the one that I seen on Sunday in bow range. I decided to let her walk away, even though it would be a rare harvest.

Cool looking harvest
waytogo.gif

Like KPM, I let a bearded hen walk at less than 15 yards Sunday night. Her beard wasn't quite that long, but close. I had the release clipped and the bow up, but changed my mind as she got in the shooting windows. Now I'm starting to wish I'd shot her
confused.gif

NWBuck

Tell your Dad, congrats man! I think a bearded hen is as much a trophy as a mature tom... and with a bow.... sweet!
waytogo.gif

I shot a bearded hen several years ago. Was quite proud of her, she had an 8" beard, until I cleaned her. She was full of eggs, right then and there I said I would never shot another bearded hen.

No eggs in her. She also came in with another hen so I don't think she was even bred yet.

I got some more info though, 7 in beard, 15 lbs, 22 yard shot. Flew about 20 yards and died.

Top Bottom