Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Beau Hunter Weichers

Doubleaarc hery

First off, I must thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers in this exciting, yet difficult time! It is amazing to me, how some many people, so who know me some who don't can come together and be so supportive!! We have the best of the best here on Iowawhitetails! Thank you all!!

So now for the update. The weekend has been a crazy ride. Starting with the birth and the challenges I had mention earlier! Since then, we got him off the CPAP and onto oxygen! Then on Saturday(I think, it is a blur) morning when we went down we saw they had taken the oxygen off! We were overwhelmed with joy! Then the Doctor came in to speak with us and informed us his CRP count, whiteblood cell count and his "Bands" were through the roof! Since his Cultures for Blood and Urine looked fine, they were EXTREMELY concerned he had menigitis! You can imagine how that drops your emotions!

So I decided to stay in and hold him while they did the Spinal tap!(P.S. Not something you want to ever have to do) BUt Beau was a true trooper! He is an amazingly strong little boy, but I am biased! It took only a few hours for the doctor to come back and let us now the early signs were negative!!!!!!! Since then, the cultures have NOT grow, and his counts are dropping rapidly!!! So they believe the Antibotics are doing there job! We are now getting to hold him and feed him! He has finally began to smile and seems to be doing wonderful!!!

As of this moring, all numbers are looking much better, and they believe we can possibly take him home with us next Friday or Saturday!

I also wanted to mention to everyone, if this ever happens to you, it is tough, but have faith in Prayers, family, friends, but most of all the nurses! I can not say enough how great the doctors and nurses have been with Beau! They really know what they are doing and are so gentle!! Also, they put up with me, who has 10 million questions! When I don't know what is going on, I get comfort from having someone explain to me that they do!!!

Again thank you all so much! Here are a couple of recent pictures!! LOOK!! NO OXYGEN!!! !!

Again, from me, and my family, THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Family.jpg

AmandaandBeau.jpg

And you can see in this picture, he is eager to get down to Double A and start shooting his PSE!!!

P.S> I did ask to put the PSE decal on the side of his Crib thingy at the hospital, but was shot down!! Hey you ever know if you don't ask!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

PSE.jpg

Great news Andy, has a way to make other problems look very small and puts things into perspective quick. Congrats again and there is nothing better than kids.

thanks for the update Andy, keep us posted and glad to hear things are looking up!!

Ummm, looks to me like he is sticking his tongue out at the PSE sticker, as all of God's children should.

Great news.

The 'Bonker

That is great to hear Andy! I hope all continues to go well! But you are one of the few people that would try and advertise with your own baby, brilliant!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Beau looks very healthy. You wouldn't know what he's been through unless you told us.

The 'Bonker

Cute kid! Hope you can get him home soon!!! I will make sure i get him a Mathews shirt!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Glad things are looking up, Andy!
We spent 4 days in the NICU with our first one, so I know a little what your going through. The time can be tough, but it will feel so good when you finally get to bring him home!

Glad things are starting to look up. I can't imagine going through all that. Congrats and hope he can make it home soon!

That is great news Andy!!! I agree with Bonker he is sticking his tongue out at that PSE sticker.He looks like a Mathews man 2 me!!!

Good thing he looks like his mom. Congrads and good luck, but you should get him a soccer ball. It will help get him in shape to track and drag deer, climb trees to hang stands, etc.

Top Bottom