Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Becoming a resident

jerad

Long story short I moved to mn from ia in 2008 and lost residency. Finally moving the family back across the good side of the border in April. Has anyone gone thru the process to become a resident? I see it takes 90 days to become a resident, this means I will not be able to do turkey season this year.

Its a complete cluster ONLY if you have purchased non-resident Iowa tags. If you haven't, then you can go buy tags the second you have an Iowa driver's license.

If you had non-resident tags.... yes 90 days plus a pile of paperwork (rental agreement or purchase agreement, vehicle registration, utility bills, etc, etc, etc)

....your situation may be different because you were already a resident once before. Best to call the DNR in Des Moines to get clarification. They were very helpful.

Had some buddies hunt with me in college this year, 90 days and had to show drivers license, school ID, proof of enrollment, ect.

Its a complete cluster ONLY if you have purchased non-resident Iowa tags. If you haven't, then you can go buy tags the second you have an Iowa driver's license.

If you had non-resident tags.... yes 90 days plus a pile of paperwork (rental agreement or purchase agreement, vehicle registration, utility bills, etc, etc, etc)

....your situation may be different because you were already a resident once before. Best to call the DNR in Des Moines to get clarification. They were very helpful.

I had a cousin move back from North Carolina and since he purchased a resident fishing license there he had to wait the time out.

He had to show proof or residency with 2-3 forms of address on bills etc.

I would get things going as soon as possible.

One other thing.... if you REALLY want to go turkey hunting and the cost isn't bothersome, you can buy a non-resident tag and it doesn't have any impact on your 90 day resident clock. I had to do that to go fishing when I move here. I called the DNR first to make sure it wouldn't impact my residency application and they confirmed it would not.

Top Bottom