Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Been awhile: Equipment Question: range finders

BugleMIn

Haven't been on here in awhile, like a few years, but remembered my password. Not sure if protocols have changed.

What are everyone's opinion on the Angle Compensators for range finders?

Bushnell ARC or Leupold TBR?

They worth it? Have bushnell yardage pro scout now and seems OK, I don't gun hunt much so I don't need 400 plus yard distance.

Re: Been awhile: Equipment Question: range finder

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Rack is qualified to answer this one. Welcome back old timer. </div></div>

Don't look at me! Talk to Headgear about that stuff! He's the expert.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugleMIn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What are everyone's opinion on the Angle Compensators for range finders?

Bushnell ARC or Leupold TBR?</div></div>

hoofline.gif

I too am looking at this type of range finder. So anyone that can help us out please do so. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I have been looking at the Nikon Archers Choice, does anyone have any experience with this range finder?

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; iowawhitetail.com, Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.
11.jpg

I've got the new Nikon Archers Choice that I've been playing with and love it. Very fast target acquistition, clear readout and accurate to less than a yard in Angle Compensation mode. Also comes with a really cool new neoprene cover. Simple and functional - no extra frills to complicate it.

As far as an archer goes I would like to see someone 20ft up ranging a target with the archers choice and also the regular 550. I want to know what the difference really is. If the difference is minimal than why not just use the 550 (replacement for 440)? It's cheaper and it has a farther range. Although I've heard the Archer's Choice will read past 100 yds.

I may have to do a test here. I'll get back to you on this.

If you want something for bowhunting only then the Nikon might be the answer, I looked at that and am a fan of Nikon products, but many times I used my current rangefinder when out muzzleloading and needed that 175 yard or further distance. Not necessarily distancing deer at that range but trees, rocks and other stuff to mark distances the deer were walking near. I think most rangefinders are actually crap at distancing deer and other animals. The laser just don't hit them and come back with readings.

So if anybody has experience with Bushnell Arc 1000 or the Leupold RX series, lets hear it.

Thanks

I just bought the Bushnell Scout 1000 with ACR. It seems like it will be both a great aid in the tree stand as well as a great aid for gun hunting. It programs for both archery hunting and gun hunting with specific calibers and loads. It seems very strait forward and easy to use. I have yet to hunt with it but I look forward to the extra edge.

Thanks to Gunrunr for keepin great gear around.

i've read that the ACR function isn't that big of a deal, if you are only up 20 feet or so. but, if you were 20' up a tree, over a deep ravine, where the deer is 10 or more feet below the base of your tree, it could be beneficial. also, if you were ever to go on a mountain hunt, where the steep angles can come into play, it is beneficial

I am going to buy the Nikon Riflehunter. It seems to me to be the same thing as the archers choice but much farther distance. It seems to work very well when i was playing with it in the store.

Top Bottom