Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Before/After

iowabucks

Not my target buck, but i just couldn't pass this one up. 13 points in all. Mainframe 10 with 3 stickers. I beleive he is last years target buck, also i think he may be my avitar buck, not sure. I never used to hunt much early in the season because of the bugs and heat. But it really paid off this year. I think i will do it more often. I still have 1st season muzzeloader coming up Saturday. Maybe i can also get my target buck for this year. Is that asking too much? Hope not. This is my biggest buck so far. It would make quite the season.

He came out of the timer into the CRP following a small 10 pointer about 15 minutes before the end of shooting light. The 10 pointer led him on a path right to me. 20 yard broadside shot. Dropped him in his tracks. It was a really windy day and i picked this stand because it was at the bottom of a ridge, shielded from the wind. Had a heck of a time getting him out. My son came to help right away. It was almost a mile away from the truck. The farmer plants his corn all the way to the edge of the field so i can't get an atv back there and didn't want to drag the deer back through the cornfields. The cart we used broke a wheel off trying to get it over a fence, so we just left the cart and drug it back on the railroad tracks that go through the property. Now i know it's illegal and i would not condone anyone dragging a deer on railroad tracks, but we didn't have much of a choice. Had to drag him off of the tracks twice to let trains go by. It was midnight before we got back to the truck. Very long night. Now i don't know what i am going to do. I love being out there during the rut. Maybe i will have to get an antlerless tag just so i can get back out there during the rut. Besides i still got 3 weeks vacation coming in November.

DSC03660Small.jpg

DSC04715Medium.jpg

OK, after much consideration, i think he looks more like this buck from 2 years ago.
DSC018561.jpg

WOW!! Nobody in their right mind could let him walk! I think you're right with him being the buck in your avatar, congrats on the pig!

Heavily bladed beams....where's the drool bucket? That is an awesome Buck! Congrats on a great one.

Great Buck, Congrats!! Get the Doe tag, at least you can be in the woods come november and get some more of the big boys on film. Think of it as next years scouting.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom