Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

before pic

c'mon im starting to think you didn't get him and you just saw him???
confused.gif

Ok, sorry for such a wait but had to get to a meeting. So this is a pic of a buck that was taken in August. You know how exited you get when you get that roll of film developed, and you are sitting in Wally world parking lot looking at them. Well when I saw this boy I couldn’t believe what I saw. Needless to say I was happy that I didn’t get a speeding ticket on the way home. When I got home I have to call my brother to tell him the news. Poor guy was in an important meeting when I called him, he couldn’t really talk and answered his phone all professional like. I think all I really said is booner, 200” and I heard ok yea I will call you back. Wasn’t 5 minuets later: ring, ring and brother said “tell me”. It is amazing how a nice buck takes precedence over and important meeting. Boy that night I we stared at that picture all night and started thinking “what if” and drank the fridge dry. We both agreed that we would probable never see that buck just on the fact of his age and learning how to make it through successive seasons but it was just fun knowing he was their. I had two stand about 100 yard from where the pic. Both stands have produce nice bucks other the years, but this year I was going to try as hard as an obsessed bow hunter could to stay out of their. Generally once bow hunting starts there is not too many days that I am not in the woods which I knew was going to be my downfall if I hunted this area. I knew the option was not to stay out of the woods so I did what every bow hunting addict would do, buy another 10 stands and hunt field edges and keep out of his area till the time was right. (You know, what is another grand right) well the season when on and September turned into October then the bucks started to move. I started to see some 2.5 on moving around and thought well maybe for the rut takes him away I should give it a try. So last Friday night the wind was perfect and I slipped into the stand that I had sat in so many times in my mind while sitting in other stand. It was the first time I was in that stand all year and boy did it feel good to sit in the stand. I know that you are suppose to pic stands on location, but some of my stands I pic because of the view. Well this one had both a view and good place to sit. It wasn’t long and a nice doe and her yearling came through. I was planning on shooting the doe but she got a little nervous and I decided to let her walk on through. They walk down the valley and I lost track of them. About 5 minuets later I heard all this crashing going on down where I had last seen them and instantly saw horn. I didn’t get a good look but I got to see a nice horn. For the next 30 minutes I could hear leaves rustling and stuff breaking. After about ½ hour hear he comes a doe and brought him right under my stand 8 yards, waited until quartering past and shot. I could see the hit a little farther back than I like and I hear him run about 40 yard then start to walk. Well I sit in stand for another 30 minutes and then sneak out, figured just in case I will give him till morning. Boy what a long night thanks to a bottle of Jameson I made it through the night. Next morning got in their and the arrow was stuck in the ground covered with blood. Boy that was a nice sight, but then we spend the next half hour looking for the first drop of blood, then the next hour looking for the next ten drops of blood. Boy was I starting to play that shot through my head a few times. Then walked over a little rise and saw horns. He only ended going 120 yards from where I shot. Oohh what a feeling.
deer6.jpg
sorry it took so long you guys long day today, i will try to post more pic tomorrow he greened grossed a bit over 200

I've been fortunate enogh to do a little shed hunting and sampling Wisconsin brewery pop with those 3 guys and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, congrats again Scott.
grin.gif

KKKrissst! And I thought driving a grain truck was more important that helping you figure out how to post that Monsta.
confused.gif
Silly me!

CONGRATULATIONS!
893shocked-thumb[1].gif

holy damn I think I would be makin the fridge dry a few more nites after that one. congrats

Top Bottom