Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Berenneke Black Magic Slugs

J

jason

I was just wondering if anyone has used these new slugs out of a fully rifled barrel and have had less lead fouling like the manufacture said they are suppose to do???? Or what about over all performance, grouping, weight retentions, and so forth.... I'm just interested in shooting cheaper slugs out of a fully rifled barrel and seeing what results I get. I've tried the sabot slugs with varying results from 5 inch grouping to tumbling slugs (not good when you spend 8 $ a box for!) So I figure what the heck, I'm not shot gun hunting this year so I have plenty of time to find a right round.
Thanks and good hunting

jason

Ok.. its seems no one has tried these berenneke slugs... but any one can give me there thoughts on cheaper slugs out of a fully rifled barrle (for a 20 gague) What do you guys and gals shoot, 2 3/4 or 3 inch, what brand, how big of slug???? Just anything really!
thanks and good hunting
jason

I tried some of the Brenneke slugs for rifled barrels in 12ga. The Brenneke classics are my favorite smooth bore slug. The slugs designed for rifled barrels didn't group as well as some of the others I tried so I didn't use them to hunt. Now that doesn't mean they won't shoot great through your gun...buy a box and give them a shot.

I always used the remington sluggers, they always seemed to shoot awesome out of my 20 guage 870 and 1100. I tried a few other brands and winchester was great too. I never really liked federal, but im kind of biased towards them, I've never liked them. I know some guys that swear by brenneke but I'm kind of partial to winchester and remington for some reason. I always shot 2 3/4 inch shells
smile.gif

I've tried them all in my fully rifled slug gun. I've shot sabot from different companys, coppersolids and about anything out there for a rifled barrel. The slugs I have found work the best are Lightfield Lites. They are a sabot slug and shot good groups. They also have great nock down power. There the best I've shot.

Top Bottom