Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best case scenario

moosehunter

PMA Member
This fall has been busy. In the middle of a remodel, busy at work and my brothers situation. I wasn't sure if I could even get out at all. But yesterday I gathered up my camo and ML stuff and headed for an afternoon hunt. I sat on the ground 50 yards from a food plot and 2hrs later 3 does came running down the hill and stopped 10 yards from me. They were looking back so I figured something made run but didn't know what. One of the does was staring down me and she got nervous enough that she took off and took the other two with her. I looked back to where they came from then saw what was bothering the does. He was 40 yards away and looking at me or looking at my gun leaning up against the tree. Moving slow enough to make a sloth envious I reached around and lifted my gun to my lap all the while watching him. He made a fatal mistake and ducked his head for a few seconds giving me enough time to shoulder the ML. He was quartering to me but I guessed that if I lay one in just high enough to take out the top of his lungs he would run towards my truck which is exactly what he did :grin:. A short 30 yards drag and he was at my bumper. That's when I found out he was a lot bigger bodied that I 1st thought. Before I left the house I told my wife the best case scenario would be to get one today. Now a week of working on the house the off to see my brother for a week. If he feels good we will try to get some pork to mix in with this venison.

picture.php

I guessed that if I lay one in just high enough to take out the top of his lungs he would run towards my truck

Hilarious line there...congrats on a dandy buck, and hope you are able to enjoy some time with your brother this week :way:

NWBuck

Perry,

Congrats buddy. I know it has been a rough summer/fall for you but way to get out there and enjoy the outdoors and lay down a great buck.

Congrats
Kratz

Great buck Perry. All the best for you and your family in the times ahead.

Last edited:
Nice job...sounds like it was an exciting hunt. You should write a book on where to shoot deer so that they run to your truck.....I would buy it :D

Congrats on a beautiful whitetail! Hope your brother is doing good, and you guys can go get some pork!

Top Bottom