Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best days of rut

DoubleLung

Gonna be taking a week of for the rut. Just wanting to see what you guys tought would be the best days? I heard hunt the first 4 days before the first full moon in november, which would be the 7,8,9, and 10th with the full moon being on the 11th. The weather plays a big factor in this also.

i would say hunt all day every day regardless of the moon...seems there always moving when ive been down there the first week of November....only hope it stays cool the warm weather can slow them a bit

I'm certainly overly biased and extremely hopeful this year and I'm putting all my chips on the table for Nov 5th.

my hunting land is 2.5hrs from where i live and I have a wife that is due to deliver our first child in 6weeks...my plans to hunt from Nov 4th to the 13th (usually I take off the week that allows me to hunt Nov 8-11) this year have been put on hold, but I have the rest of my life to hunt deer...this will be my only first child and it's clear my wife needs me a lot right now.

SO 11-5-11, is the day:way:

I'm off from the Oct 29th thru Nov. 8th. In my experience this is prime time in the area I hunt.

I am self employed so I am hoping for the 4th through the 13th but we will see if I get a few more jobs buttoned up an what the weather looks like. I can remember years past when it would get cold like this in October then warm up during November always thought a guy should hunt a little harder in October when it is like it is now

Im hittin it the 5th-20th. which in my experience 7th-13th has been the most activity in my area. though i seem to never connect until the tail end of November.

First week of Nov. is a lot of chasing by younger deer. Second week the bigger ones seem to get more involved where I hunt. I don't think the moon seems to change that very much. I take the second week off every year regardless of what the moon does.

I've heard around Nov. 8 to the 18th that's what Charles Alsheimer for North American Whitetail says anyway we'll see definetly loving the cooler temps and deer moving I've been seeing more in the evening after work only hunted 1 morning so far didn't see a thing I think it may just be me but I hate morning hunts I've produced more in the evening hrs.

Gonna be taking a week of for the rut. Just wanting to see what you guys tought would be the best days? I heard hunt the first 4 days before the first full moon in november, which would be the 7,8,9, and 10th with the full moon being on the 11th. The weather plays a big factor in this also.

The 6-10 of November would be the 5 days I would be hunting every single year...October 31st is best day outside those dates IMO.

Agreed with Thomas and Phil - 6-10 will hit it about every year. This year according to the moon calendars the 7-12 should be on fire. It will be a full moon, making all day sits productive. Hopefully the weather doesn't trump what the moon calendar calls for.

If i could pick only 7 days to hunt a mature buck,it would be the nov 9th - 15th

FWIW, these dates are pretty much what I would say too. Now then, where I used to bow hunt, Washington County for the most part, I would have said Nov. 1st - 10th. But now after hunting a little further south, Davis County, for the past 10 years or so, I would go with the slightly later dates.

I don't know what to make of that, if anything, but it does seem to me to be a difference. Difference or not...the sweet days are just around the corner! :grin:

Top Bottom