Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

best muzzleloader?

buckfever57

bowhunt or die
Wht is the best quality overall muzzle loader and for best price? Would like one with a scope combo and also have an option of iron sights. Would like to know ur opinions. Thanks

If you want smokeless check this site out

dougs message board

they can convert a lot of different guns to smokeless for less than $500

I thought they quit making the smokeless savages? The new knights look pretty sweet. Mountianeer model would be what I would like to get. I have an older knight with a thumbhole stock that still works great just wish I wouldn't have got the 54 cal. To hard to find sabots.

I've shot one once and its not bad, but I had limited experience with it. It will definitely kill a deer, but my preference is the CVA Accura. For me it is more accurate, a more balanced gun, and easier to clean than the TC Omega that I had.

I have a knight disc extreme 45cal with green mountain barrel....won't ever own anything else....great gun!

I have a Traditions Muzzleloader, not that model but have been very happy with mine so far.
I had used a Knight for many years, but the Traditions is a break open and so easy to clean.
It is very accurate plus my older Knight would not shot Blackhorn 209.

I bought a cheaper Model to try out but after using it a year I have no reason to buy another at this time.

Bowdude:D

CVA Accurra V2 is my favorite. Sold my knight disc extreme for it. Unless knight changed their design, they are a bear to clean. Some guys like cleaning, some guys don't. All personal preference. The savages look sweet if you can get stainless.

I'm shooting a TC encore. It was a dealer special stainless fluted barrel. No sights. Black synthetic stock. Not only does it look great. But a 290 grain Barnes t-ez and 120 grains of Blackhorn 209 is a deadly accurate combo out to 250 yards. That load also matches perfect with the Bushnell doa 250 reticle. Center punched a doe at 203 yards last year. All of the production muzzeloaders are very accurate to 200 yards with the right sabot, bullet and powder. It's just a matter of finding the right load

Top Bottom