Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

best muzzy

trowser44

whats the best muzzy out there that isnt going to break my wallet in half. my brother has a knight but some people swear by TC or CVA. :confused:

I just bought a Traditions Vortek. It pretty much has all the bells and whistles of every other fancy brand, but was the least expensive in its category. It has a thumb-hole stock, rubberized coating on the stock with mossy oak treestand pattern, fluted barrel, breech plug, etc... It shoots excellent! I think I spent somewhere in the 300's on it, maybe 400, I cant quite remember, but I know it was way cheaper than TC... It's basically the same gun as any other, but, with the big namers, you're paying for their advertisements.

I've heard from a few people that the NEF muzzleloaders are a very good buy. I personally don't have any experience with one, though. A couple gunsmiths tried talking me into buying one a few years ago, but I elected to buy a used CVA Kodiak. These gunsmiths are VERY knowledgeable though and wouldn't have steered me wrong. The one they wanted me to buy was the Sidekick, which is a break open. Not even sure if it's on the market anymore but it's worth a look.

Top Bottom