Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best place to purchase plat book?

Ried#3

I called the courthouse and they require you to pick one up in person, don't have capability to do debit over phone. Isn't there an independent company that sells these?

I called the courthouse and they require you to pick one up in person, don't have capability to do debit over phone. Isn't there an independent company that sells these?

If your county has a GIS system you don't need a plat book. GIS is WAAAAYY more usable. The ability to overlay areal photos with property boundaries is priceless.

If your county has a GIS system you don't need a plat book. GIS is WAAAAYY more usable. The ability to overlay areal photos with property boundaries is priceless.

True dat! The Beacon website is the one I use most, however, not all counties are in it. For those that are though, I have found that the property boundaries are extremely, as in down to the fence post in the ground, accurate.

True dat! The Beacon website is the one I use most, however, not all counties are in it. For those that are though, I have found that the property boundaries are extremely, as in down to the fence post in the ground, accurate.

I use Beacon for Madison County and Integrity for Clarke County. The one I really need is Decatur county, but they don't have GIS...yet.

I agree w/ Beacon. Great website & fairly current. You can print your own maps too. But if you want a platbook you gotta buy one.

I use ONYX Hunt Map on my phone. Cost $30 but it shows every landowner in the state in a plat book format. You can also search landowner names and it will bring up the parcels they own. It also shows every public ground in the state plus aerials, topos, terrain etc. Definitely a handy app for me anyways.

Be careful with beacon. Its not as accurate as you may think. There are areas where it is off quite a bit in my are. 500 square ft of my house belongs to neighbor across the road! But it is far better than plat books that aren't perfect either and have no detail.

Be careful with beacon. Its not as accurate as you may think. There are areas where it is off quite a bit in my are. 500 square ft of my house belongs to neighbor across the road! But it is far better than plat books that aren't perfect either and have no detail.

Interesting...maybe the accuracy varies from area to area, the ones I have looked at have been spot on. This would be in Davis and Johnson Counties.

Just curious, what county did you see the inaccuracies in?

Onxmaps just got the free trial awesome yes it's an app. It's not completely accurate at least our piece isn't right

Top Bottom