Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best "Stuff" & Gear of 2010 Season

A year ago, I put a Black Gold Flash Point 5-pin sight on my old bow and noticed a huge improvement in my shooting. Then I picked up a Gorilla Silverback and a used set of 4 LW sticks and can't wait to actually use them this fall in AZ and IA. When I got back from my 2nd deployment working on the oil spill, I picked up a Z7 and that, by far, is my BEST "gear" investment ever. Then Santa brought me a Double Bull Dark Horse this year. I am not going to let my first attempt at putting that thing up deter me and I look forward to using it this spring with my daughter as well as chasing deer down here!

My two best purchases would have to be my new traditions pursuit XLT muzzleloader. This is a great muzzy with thumbhole stock, break open style and quick remove breach. The best part? Got it brand new at Scheels for $250 so I can outfit a nikon Omega scope on it and still have less money in it than the same gun from T/C w/out a scope.

Second, is a double bull chair (like a bag chair but triangular seat). This seat was very comfortable and kept you up off the cold ground. The triangular seat lets you move freely left to right and has a back to support you for long sits. Well spent $45 bucks and won't go sit without it!

I have what I think is the best glove release- tru-fire hurricane- glove. Its amazing. I absoltuely shoot considerably better groups vs tru-ball I was using. Can find online all over.

Decided to get a set of binos for rest of my life- Swarovski EL swarovision hd 10x42- never used better and low light and top notch quality can't be beat imo

Want to FIND the factually best quiver where my arrows will not fall out. Been through 4 quivers now- not happy with those. Solution????

I forgot my Magnus Rack Pack chair, simply the most comfortable blind chair and best blind carrying system available. I even used it to sit in some weeds with my muzzy/shooting sticks and my DIY heater body suit, and I smoked a doe at long range while seated in it. It carried my DIY heater body suit, and it carries my blind and decoy spread for turkey hunting. I will be using it for upcoming coyote hunts, and hopefully it will be carrying some yotes too. I also am very pleased w- my 3 DSD turkey decoys w-the new A.C.E. Technology.

Agreed. I bought it a couple of years ago and much prefer it to the stiff monster pack from badlands. Carries more. The only downside to it was that it needed about 1 more inch of cinch in the shoulder straps, but they probably fixed that since I bought mine.

I bought SITKA mountain pants, accent pants, and the downpour rain gear this year. TOP NOTCH for both pants. The downpour I only ended up wearing a couple times but appears real nice (shot my best buck to date in it so it least its lucky).:D

The 2011 Timberline pant from SITKA looks to be the ultimate pant if your in the market.:way: Also, keep your eye on the boys from KUIU. The original founder of SITKA has his own line coming out. GORETEX now owns Sitka in case you didnt know. Probably why some of the sitka stuff is now a bit noisy and shiny.
http://www.kuiu.com/

Unlike others here I didn't care much for the Badland bino case. My Swaro's really don't come in and out real easily, so thats a major problem when you need to move fast, quietly and with little movement. I have a brand new one for sale if anyone is interested.

I didn't buy much else new for 2010 that I can think of.

Cabelas Inferno boots.
I have a terrible time with my feet getting cold, especially when I'm just sitting. These were on sale this fall, so I got a pair knowing that I was going to do a late muzzy doe hunt.
We were out on New Year's Day, and if you remember, it was COLD! I sat for 3 1/2 hours and not once did my feet even think about being cold. I bought them 1 size too big and had cabelas liners and heavy wool socks (which is the same thing I've done & worn with other 'cold weather' boots), but I've never had results like this.
They're not as big & bulky as the Micky Mouse boots and they're also surprisingly comfortable to walk in.
I'm 100% sold on these and they're by far the best cold weather boot I've ever owned...and I've owned a few!

I would have to say my DSD's that I bought this spring.
Until you use them you do not know what you are missing.

My HBS. Sitting in a stand at -6 and not even getting cold. I also
bought a pair of Suncrest snowshoes when the snowstorms hit in Dec.
Makes for much easier walking.

I would have to say my DSD's that I bought this spring.
Until you use them you do not know what you are missing.

If I knew what DSD's stood for I'd have a better chance of not knowing what I was missing. As it stands now I don't even know what it is that I should have but don't own and therefore don't know what I'm missing. :p

But seriously, what does that stand for?

If I knew what DSD's stood for I'd have a better chance of not knowing what I was missing. As it stands now I don't even know what it is that I should have but don't own and therefore don't know what I'm missing. :p

But seriously, what does that stand for?

DAVE SMITH DECOYS
They make phenomenal waterfowl and turkey decoys.

Nockturnal lighted nocks for me. Worth every penny. Also the Black Gold Ascent sight is an amazing piece of equipment!!

bought a pair of Suncrest snowshoes when the snowstorms hit in Dec.
Makes for much easier walking.

Snow has never bugged me for deer hunting cause it's not a far walk for me BUT.... I have started pheasant hunting around Christmas in NW IA- usually lots of snow and NOT FUN WALKING but I love it so much I do it. Miserable though and everyone else that's there will not hunt with me when it's deep so I go out alone- I don't care, I'm going out no matter what. Would some snow shoes really help that out? Thanks!

Top Bottom