Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Treestand Prices? Large Hang-ons- VALUE!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, where do you all find the best prices on larger hang-on's????
I have about 70 stands hung each year for me and 2 bros- SO, I can't spend $150 on a stand- CANNOT!!! I like "bigger" stands. I need about 10 new ones this year.

Here's what I've found and like, 3 stands as EXAMPLES. I like the bigger platforms- I WILL NOT buy those dinky little stands for $40, WON'T DO IT!!!! I like the platforms over 30".

I like:

Big Game Boss XL - found them for $79 & Scheels had them for $59 & $69 on sale last year- anyone know cheap source?

Gorilla KING Kong- found them for $85. I know there has to be some cheaper sources.

River's Edge, BIGFOOT XL- I know a place that has them right now for $69.99. Anywhere as cheap or close???

Anything comprable, as big and as good of a value out there????? Any help appreciated!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
70 stands, are you serious?</div></div>

That is what I was thinking! You may want to look into building your own...maybe a pallet or something nailed up there! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

go to menards... there not a well known brand name but they have some larger ones at descent price i like them

I'll second the Menards, don't know what kind they are, but they are bigger platforms. I am like you, I won't hunt out of the smaller stands.

I really like the River's edge stands, and if you wait until mid March or April, they usually go on sale at Scheels. I bought 3 there last year for 59.99 a piece.

I'll third the Menard's stands. Bought two this past fall and had a lot of seat time in them. Big, roomy stands.

Also, they have some decent sticks also. Think I paid about $25 for a set.

I picked up some king kongs at farm king in burlington this year for I believe 60 bucks. I thought it was a good deal anyways.

Yes, I am serious, I have 70 stands MINIMUM up. 3 guys SO say 23 stands a person....
BASICALLY, I want 7 stands for each wind direction- some stands you can use for MULTIPLE winds. So, let's say it's a south wind for 7 days straight- we can all hunt a different stand for a week. I am serious when I say we actually burn some stands out. These are core area good stands on several pieces of land.

I am gonna go with the Big Game Boss XL's which have a 34" platform and very comfy!!!! I found them for $79. They are larger and more padded than the Gorilla's, etc. I would like to get lucky and find them AGAIN for $69.

What's the price (guess) on the Menard's BIGGER hang on????

The brand that Menard's sells are Timber Strike. They make several models. Don't know anything else about them.

Sligh,
I'm not 100% on the Menards prices but I wanna say like $50-60 for their larger stand. They about give them away at the end of the season sale though. May still have some left although I'll shortcut you on the west side Hickman store. Only had a couple ladders left there as of a week or 2 ago. Check SE14th or Ankeny.

No idea on the price of the bigger hang ons from Menards?

*Little ones are $29 right now BUT no way will I sit in them little dudes.

the Menard's stands are owned by Big Dog, same stand differnt name, i own 6 and they are awesome for the price

and you sissies.... those stands arent even small, ill show you a small stand..... hows 18" X 14 " sound??

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

18x14, I did that in college. Had to collect "CANS" for deposit $ to pay for my stands!!! I bought 10' wood SPIKES from Menard's for treesteps as well to save $ (ok, I occasionally still do that unless it's a high value tree). I know what POOR means!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif *And my stands are HIGH- (30-35') so I spend a fortune on steps which sucks! **I quit buying cheap ameristep steps after TWO cracked on me!!!

Sitting an all day hunt often and not wanting to be so uncomfortable it sucks- I opt for the bigger stands.

*Oh, and add the fact that bigger will be safer considering I fell out of a stand (30'+) 2-3 years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sligh1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No idea on the price of the bigger hang ons from Menards?

*Little ones are $29 right now BUT no way will I sit in them little dudes. </div></div>

The bigger ones are around $35.

ya end of the year they sell them cheap and then 25% off so super cheap but se 14th is out of everything except for a couple ladders...

they have two large models they run between 45 and 55... they are nice size and comfy..

they also have 16ft climbing sticks 30 bucks a pop... nice quality sticks for the price..

only problem is how late they get them in the year... they dont get em in till like late august.. then they sell out usually in january

but you definitely cant be the cost

they have climbing sticks, 3 or 4 diff sizes of hangons, 3 diff models of ladder stands, and a tower blind all at great prices

Anyone see any Menards with their stands for sale yet? I had all my stuff hung in spring BUT have to put a few more up and they are big far the best bang for your buck. OR- like months ago when I wrote this, I sure love the Big Game Boss XL's but the prices have come up it seems. Or even a king kong gorilla. For all these bigger hang ons, Menards seems to be the ticket BUT do you all have any other good spots you've seen lately for deals on Big Game or Gorilla, etc, etc (bigger, comfy but low cost hang ons with big platforms- say 30-38")

Menards in Spencer has theirs out over the weekend. Not sure about other locations, but I'm guessing most do.

Top Bottom