Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Treestand Prices? Large Hang-ons- VALUE!!!

The stand i bought from Menards 2 years ago had the arm rests on it and suspended seat i think 50 bucks i paid for it turned out to be the biggest P.O.S. it was the loudest squeekiest stand ever once it got cold out!! Then the tree rats chewed the seat to hell so it now sits in my shed no way i'll ever use that stand again!! I dont think a stand is something you really wana go super cheap on because the cheaper they are the cheaper they are made (most the time) so be carefull what you buy and make sure its quality whatever stands you end up going with!!

Ya- I know what you mean about the squeaks. What I do with ALL stands is take truck bed coating OR rubber undercoating to all the joints, etc, etc. And I tighten stuff down, etc. I shouldn't have to do that with a new stand but many cases I do. The Big Game Boss XL's did not need any undercoating as I forgot to spray a few and they are super quiet. Most of my seats do get eaten, what a pain.
Good thoughts and advice on the noise, quality, etc.- I probably should just stick with the Big Game Boss XL

I have been buying the Gander mountain stand that is comparable to the Big game XL, has a foot rest and 30 something inch platform. They were running like $59? Also, thier seets have the plastic snap buckles on them. I have 67 of them that I use, so I took all the cushions off and always carry one with me so I always have one.

Anyone see any Menards with their stands for sale yet? I had all my stuff hung in spring BUT have to put a few more up and they are big far the best bang for your buck. OR- like months ago when I wrote this, I sure love the Big Game Boss XL's but the prices have come up it seems. Or even a king kong gorilla. For all these bigger hang ons, Menards seems to be the ticket BUT do you all have any other good spots you've seen lately for deals on Big Game or Gorilla, etc, etc (bigger, comfy but low cost hang ons with big platforms- say 30-38")

Menards on Hickman has em out for sale.
I just picked one up on Tuesday :way:

Menards on Hickman Rd had their stands out a couple weeks ago. Scheels should have a sale coming up where the stands are on sale. The last couple of years I have picked up several of the smaller Big Game stands for $45.00 and the threw in a free ez bow hanger for free with each one.

Ive been using the Menards stands for the last 3 years. i think i have about 23 of the Timber strike Bearcats. they are the hang on with the arm rests, which i always go with. I have had great luck with these. i had one that was squeky in -15 december mornin and we just sprayed it with a little grease. Problem solved. i just bought 3 more of the bearctas last night. They hang well, they are comfy as he77, and very affordable...I would definetly reccomend the menards stands....$79.99 was price...

Last edited:
Top Bottom