Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Whitetail Books

T

tineseeker

Looking for some good reading material out side of this web site.

What are the best (most informative) whitetail books you have read.

Try Dick Idols whitetail world.This is one of the most informative whitetail book's I have ever read,it take's you from fawn to the adult and everything in between.
I bought this book a few year's back from the hunter's library.

Hunting Hard For Whitetails by Bill Winke.This is a great book; by far one of the best I have read. I think you can get a copy at derrydalepress.com

I wrote a book back in 1993 with Tom Miranda called Corn-Fed Giants, a step-by-step guide to locating and harvesting whitetails in famland. It was very popular and sold out fast, but it's out of print and copies are hard to find now.

One of my favorites is "Relentless Pursuit" by Tim Wells. Great Book.

Aging and Judging Trophy Whitetails by James Kroll is a great one for trying to improve your skills at aging and judging whitetail bucks and does on the hoof.

One of my favorite's is "Hunting Hard for Whitetails" by Bill Winke as well. Bill is a very good hunter and understands "wind currents and direction" in "hill hunting" better than anyone I know. It's a must!

I have 10 or 15 of them for sale, they are also signed by him. Drop me a note at [email protected] and I ll sell you one cheap.

TLH

Id also have to go with Dick Idols Whitetail World. Very good book. Tells everything. And this man knows what hes talking about.

I agrre with the ones that say Bill Winkes book is one of the best ones out there.Its a must read for any midwestern whitetail hunter.

Just finished Gene Wensel's book Come November. I couldn't put it down.

TLH,

How much are you asking for those copies of "Hunting Hard For Whitetails";I'm tired of lending mine out to my friends.

Greg Miller has two really good books:
"Aggresive Whitetail Tactics" & "Proven Whitetail Tactics"

He also has a third book out on Rubs and Scrapes but I haven't read it yet. He's usua;;y a speaker for the Iowa Deer Classic. Awesome speaker, excellent writer.

Top Bottom