Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Better Late Than Never

shadowpeople

Well, I suppose it's my own fault as things got busy last year, I didn't spend a lot of time on the forum last fall. So, better late than never. Just thought I might get everybody's mind in the right place for the upcoming season.

I shot this buck in late October last year. He came in right at last light with just enough time to shoot. I shot him and he ran off right into the brush with a lot of crashing around and everything went silent. I thought I might have missed and he made it over the hill, never to be seen again. So, I backed out and got my buddy and his brother and we went back out there after a few hours to try and find my arrow and see if there was a blood trail. After looking for the arrow, we never found it and made a couple circles around the thick brush to no avail. Then, my buddy went into the thick stuff and there he laid. We missed the blood trail and my arrow by about 10 feet and. We rough scored him at 147 7/8." My biggest buck to date. He had an absolute pig of a body but never weighed him. It was enough to break the rack on the back of the 4 wheeler and we had to have someone ride on the front rack to keep the wheels on the ground. Good thing I've got a JD Gator 825 for this year

Enjoy...

picture.php

picture.php

Great buck AND great pics! :way: Nice touch on getting a matching hat to your beard too! :D

Great deer, when I lived in FC they didn't have bluffs like that, you must have gotten outside of Winnebago Co. Congratulations

Congrats on a great whitetail! The country that your hunting in looks beautiful. Even if you don't see a deer at least you have some great scenery while in stand! Good luck this year and thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom