Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BG1 settings

JNRBRONC

Anybody running BG1's anymore? I found this diagram for switch settings and it looks like I have to make a decision. My batteries are getting drained rather fast (1-4 days). I either need to slow down the refresh rate (I'm not sure what my settings are currently, some pics are less than 30 seconds apart) or else figure out a different power source (external battery). I really like the fast photos as when I toggle through them it gives me a choppy "movie".
grin.gif

What do others set there photo delay to?

Something is not right with your board or the batteries are shot you are using. My BG1 boards hold the same batteries they did last september and I mess with the delays all the time. I am running 3 of the BG1 boards right now...

Battery life is most likely a function of shots taken. How many shots do you get per set of batteries?

Granted I've had these NiMH rechargeables about 6-9 months. I try to completely discharge them before recharging.

Edit to clarify: The 9V that run the board is fairly new and that isn't the problem. It is the 4 AA's that run the camera.

[ QUOTE ]
Something is not right with your board or the batteries are shot you are using. My BG1 boards hold the same batteries they did last september and I mess with the delays all the time. I am running 3 of the BG1 boards right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the BG2's so may not be relevant but with lithium batteries they take literally thousands of pics before running out.

Even with regular batteries they easily take perhaps a thousand pics over a feeder or lick.

I'd say something is wrong...have you tried regular batteries? Perhaps your rechargables are no good?
confused.gif

Okay, first thing will be to buy some new batteries.

Also, some cameras tend to be battery hogs. Maybe the Samsung I have is one of them.
frown.gif

Pharmer, you still got that trail cam for sale?

what camera is in the unit...I may have been confused on what your issue was. If the camera is one of the Olympus or Samsungs, you may be better off with an external power source.

[ QUOTE ]
what camera is in the unit...I may have been confused on what your issue was. If the camera is one of the Olympus or Samsungs, you may be better off with an external power source.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo, Samsung! So where do I go to learn more about an external power pack? Hags?

it could be a bad AA, or the type of charger you have. A solar panel would actually be better.

Ill pm you back tonight after I finish with some chores

I've never built with a samsung. Exclusivly use sony. How many batteries does the samsung take? 2 or 4? What case did you build with? Do you have room for c batteries in the case? If so, I'll show you how I power with c batteries using dowels.

I saw the dowel trick over at Hag's. I also saw some solar panels that really caught my eye.

What I have done for now is change the dip switches for a 2 minute delay between shots instead of 10 seconds. I figure over a lick, I still should get pics of almost every deer that visits since they tend to hang around a couple of minutes. I'll see how I like this, but I'm already thinking about going back to the 10 sec setting, so the dowel trick or solar panel will be a coin toss.

I've got a couple s40's in 1040 cases that I put 2 C batteries in using the dowels & they last a month on the fastest switch setting.

Top Bottom