Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BH 209 issue

use any cleaner you would use on a centerfire rifle..like Hoppes#9..soap and water does not work for BH209..actually makes a mess and harder to clean...

All I do is put a little Hoppes on a bore mop..run it up and down barrel...let it sit a few minutes...run a brush down ..then a few dry patches...when come out clean I put a drop or two of oil on a patch and run it down the barrel a few times to coat it...

Butches will work ..its a good cleaner

black powder solvent will not work well with 209...

Here is a good video, and he has other videos also about cleaning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMl4jkLcxw

So with all the talk about bh209 and 777 pellets and cleaning does anybody still use pyrodex pellets? And if not why? More for accuracy or cleaning???

So with all the talk about bh209 and 777 pellets and cleaning does anybody still use pyrodex pellets? And if not why? More for accuracy or cleaning???

Cant say what the advantages of 777 is over pyrodex, but the reason I switched to BH209 from pellets was more freedom to experiment with different loads, better accuracy shot after shot without swabbing (probably the main reason), and easier to push the bullets down the barrel since the barrel isn't as dirty.

The only thing I can't rally behind with BH is the "less cleaning between shots". I swab em
Every other time whether BH or 777 while SIGHTING IN. But- the tiny amount of time I do that and a day sighting - non issue. Where I spend my shooting time with my ML is hunting and usually it's ONE SHOT during a lucky hunt. I might shoot one management buck and one doe for example for the whole season so "multiple shots" is simply not something I even deal with. Why, IMO- if accuracy & power were the same- I'd take "messier" pellets VS lose powder. BUT- it sounds like BH may have the advantages on power & trajectory I want. So- verdict isn't in for me yet.

Not that tight. Just a good tight fit that takes a bit of a push, and seat it down with a solid push on the powder charge. Let's just say a loose fit might not cause an ignition issue, but it could contribute to it.

I guess I will try to find some other sabots to try out this Spring and Summer. The Crushers do not fall in, but are pretty easy to push down.

Hopefully these pictures show up. You can see the obvious difference between the original CVA breech plug and the blackhorn breech plug. The large hole get that powder a lot closer to the primer so the spark doesn't have to go nearly as far.

Thanks for the pictures. Any idea how deep and the diameter of the milled out area is on the BH209 BP?

I went to BH209 because I can shoot 10 times and not have to swab my barrel. Accuracy stays the same. It also seemed like with every batch of 777 pellets I bought they would shoot different. Not a huge difference but different. Either one works.

Top Bottom