Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BIG bluegills

JNRBRONC

After doing some farrier and vet work tonight, I decided I needed a little reward in the form of some fishing. The bluegills were hitting last weekend and it continued tonight. I caught 16 hogs tonight, did CPR on all of them (catch, photo, release). Figure I'd not bore you with all the pics.

How big were they? Big as a 5 gallon bucket! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
5gal_bucket.JPG

Is that a wart mouth(what ive heard them called)? Very aggressive fish have a white on the edge of there fins similar to an oscar. I heard They are bad for a pond.Correct me if i have been b.s.ed Either way what a pig. congrats.

Something looks awefull "fishy" about that 5 gallon bucket. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Good lookin fish.

I think you might be talking about "war mouths" but I don't know much about them.

We stocked the pond with hybrid bluegill from Kloubec Fish Farm.. They still have "normal" non-Koi fish, but you have to call them to get info on them.

Here is that same fish in my hand for maybe a little more "honest" sizing reference. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
hand.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something looks awefull "fishy" about that 5 gallon bucket. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Dang, Nanny, you see another ear tag or what? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something looks awefull "fishy" about that 5 gallon bucket. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Dang, Nanny, you see another ear tag or what? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Nanny is all over your game buddy. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Next thing you know he will be showing us elephant sized whitetails. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Next thing you know he will be showing us elephant sized whitetails. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

What's a fish story without a little exaggeration? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gosh, am I losing credibility?/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

War mouths, rock bass, etc.... = Green Sunfish

Losing credibility? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Losing credibility? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>
I guess one needs to establish it before they lose it!? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

A little slide show.

Randy, nice bull gills!!!

i figured the 5 gallon bucket was somewhat behind the fishy.....
CHEATER!!!!
hahaha

nonetheless! you got into some nice sets of shoulders!

looks like you got a few species there,

redear sunfish and straight gills!

nice, ill bet a guy could eat very well after an afternoon at that pond!!!!!

nice work

Good looking fish either way regardless of bucket size /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ....those little buggers are fun.

Those would make for some great flathead bait...but you couldn't pay me to fish the Cedar this year after Cedar Rapids dumped all their Poo in there. Give a whole new meaning to tasting muddy.

Those fish appear to be quite the cross...easier to explain them as hybrids. I would have eaten a few of them, because if you caught that many they need to be thinned a little so the don't get stunted /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom