Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Bobcat

Coach

shocked.gif
This guy was also on my trail cam that I picked up today. Judging from the racoon photo in the same spot, this cat is about 35 pounds. He looks pretty large to me. What's the law on letting the air out of him if he walks under my stand?
2guns.gif

Attachments

• 33896-CoachCam_bobcat.jpg
    33896-CoachCam_bobcat.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 137
With the rising numbers of cats on the loose and increasing numbers of trail cams out there, it seems like Iowa could have a season in the future. I hunted them with no success in Missouri a couple of years ago. They seem very tough to call. The only ones I saw were while deer hunting and shot two with ML equipt. Pretty agile and stealth like. In my opinion, they are the ultimate predator.

Thats an awesome pic. I have never seen a bobcat before in the wild. Great pic.

That's an awesome cat wish you could hunt'em. We can hunt them in VA my dad killed a big male weighed 31 pounds and was just over knee high. They make awesome mounts. Keep them coming.

Coach - what county was the cat picture taken in? If you would rather not disclose the location I understand, but I am curious. Thanks.

EXCELLENT PHOTO... GONNA GET ME A TRAIL CAM... ANY INSIGHT ON A GOOD BRAND? KEEP THE PHOTOS COMIN IN!
893USA3-thumb[1].gif

The Deer Cam brand is great about $225. The Stealth cam will do the trick at a fraction of the cost at $68 at WalMart, heck, buy 3.

Coach,
What Wal-Marts are you finding trail cams at? I live by Grinnell and Newton and have never seen one. Thats a great price.

mole

Thanks Coach. Next time I'm in Des Moines I'll check out the great and mighty Wally World
grin.gif

mole

Iam wondering about cougars,does anyone know if we can shoot them in Iowa yet? Iam hunting in a area where there has been a bunch of sightings and i would love to let the air out of one.

Yes
peace.gif
you can shoot cougars and bears. They are considered the same as coyotes. Iowa Leg. tried to pass a law on shooting them and it failed. They don't want these predators running around.

big cat yes, but i am pretty sure the is of the lynx species due to all the black on the tips of his ears. that is more of a lynx caracteristic

Limb - two different species. Lynx big (mostly up north), bobcat small. Linx has bigger feet (like snowshoes) and long ear tufts. Lynx has a grey tail with a solid black tip. Bobcat has black bars down the tail ending in a black spot on top and white underneath the tip. The cat in the picture above is a bobcat.

That is a picture of a bobcat if you want to see a lynx look in my photos, i've got 2-3 pics up close of lynx. the bobcat is much smaller than the lynx.C'mon guys.
doah.gif

Top Bottom